Jason Xiao-Long and Ember Fall

Jason always wanted to know his father. He wanted to know who he was and what he did? His mother always told him that his father had to work so she and he could be safe. Jason would always ask his Aunt Ruby but she would always say the same thing, that he was someone who she really didn't know much, but his mom would always say the opposite, telling him that he was a close friend to all of his Aunt's and Uncles. Despite being 6 at the time, Jason was very knowledgeable about many things, he knew more than any of his classmates. He knew different types of dust, thanks to Aunt Weiss, and he gained some very important knowledge about Aura and Semblance, both thanks to his Uncle Ren and his mother, he knew how to fight with differential weapons as well as different hand to hand combat stances, thanks from Both Aunt Emerald and Uncle Mercury. He was always wondering about his Father...

Jason approached Oscar and looked up to him "hey Uncle Oscar?"

Oscar looked to his nephew with a smile, "what's up, Jason?" He asked

"It's about My Mom..." Jason said, "did Mom go look for dad?"

Oscar looked at him and closed his eyes and sighed and then looked to the boy, "Yes, We think your dad may be in trouble" Oscar told him

"Who is he? My dad... I wanna know Uncle..." Jason said

Oscar could tell that this had been eating Jason up, He had known what the boy was going through, He lived with his aunt all his life and always wanted to know about his parents, and when he was 13, she had decided to tell him and when he knew what happened to them he felt at peace knowing who and what happened to his parents.

"Have you ever heard of Jaune Arc?" Oscar asked

Jason stopped, Who didn't know Jaune Arc!? He was one of the many heroes of Remnant and was one of the main people to put an end to Salem. He was one of the greatest Huntsmen of his time and even was given the opportunity to lead Vales Armed forces.

"Yes, he's a legend amongst the kids, most boys in my class want to be like him," Jason said

Oscar chuckled at this, he was always told Jaune wasn't popular in Beacon, but him having something of a fanbase was kinda ironic.

"well... He's your dad" Oscar told the boy

In Atlas, Yang held Ember in her arms, Ember was smiling at her, Yang looked at the baby girl and thought how that smile looked liked Jaune's. She was cute, Having Jaune's smile as well as the twinkle in his eyes whenever he was happy. Yang remembered How she had felt about the Blonde Knight, but when she found out she was pregnant, she was scared, scared that she had ruined Jaune's life, that she couldn't be a good mother, she was afraid that Jaune wasn't ready, as he had only got over Pyrrha a few months at the time. She needed to think for a while, she needed to be alone. She found out it was hard being alone for a long time, With her pregnant, she couldn't do a lot of what she was able to do, even going to the store was hard. Worse of all she never told Jaune. for some reason, she thought she would find Jaune and tell him that she had a son and that they could be a family. But she now looked at Ember and realized that Jaune had gotten over, maybe even wanting nothing to do with her. She couldn't blame him, he had already voiced his concern that this was just a phase for her, but Yang always told him that she loved him and would never leave him. She was the biggest fucking lier she knew.

Yang then felt her Scroll vibrate in her pocket, she looked to see it was Oscars number, She set Ember in her crib and the little girl stood up and looked at the older woman, Yang then answered the call.

"Hey, Pinetree what's up?" she asked

{Hi Mom} came the voice of Jason

"Hi honey, are you ok?" Yang asked

{Mom, I know} Jason replied

"know what honey?" Yang asked

{about Dad... I know who he is}

Yang stopped, She knew Jason would find out, but also knew that Oscar may have told him, she knew this talk would have to come, "Jason, I know this is a lot to take in but-"

{You LIED MOM!} Jason cried {You told me Dad was some guy you met and just had sex with! YOU LIED TO ME! DOES DAD KNOW ABOUT ME!?!? DOES HE CARE!?!?} Jason cried again

"Jason I-" Yang began but the call was cut off, Yang sighed

She put the Scroll away in her pocket and looked back to the baby in the crib. Jason was a lot like Jaune, but when he was angry, he was like his mother. Yang knew this would take Jason a long time to let go...

Oscar put down Summer in her bed and went to check on Jason to see if he was better. He could understand Jason's anger toward his Mom, not knowing who one of your parents was rough, he had already heard how much it affected Yang. Oscar walked up to the room where Jason was sleeping, He opened the door to see Jason laying down under the blanket, Oscar walked up to the blanket and sat next to it, he went to nudge it awake, but when he did he felt something soft, Oscar pulled the Blanket off and saw only two pillows in his place.

"OH SHIT! YANG IS GONNA KILL ME!!!!" Oscar cried

Yang packed her stuff and was ready to go after Jaune once again, with the rest of her team. She looked to the crib to see Ember was looking at her with a sad face, Yang looked back with a frown masking her face,

"I'll come back Ember, I promise, and Your daddy will be back to," Yang said with sadness in her voice

"noo" Cried the little baby,

Yang looked to her in shock, Ember grabbed Yang's metal finger and squeezed it.

"ma... noo" Ember said with tears coming from her eyes,

Yang kneeled and put her head on the crib, and rested her head on the side of it and Ember played with her hair and cried. Yang cried too. Ember had just basically called her mom. and Yang wondered if she really deserved that title from the baby girl...