My Fire

Yang Xiao-Long walked the path alone. She had been very saddened to leave Ember at Terra and Saffron's house but bringing her with, would only put the baby in danger. For the past few hours, nothing seemed to make Yang smile. She was in deep thought. Her son was gone, She was hunting down her... um, Ex? and is Daughter called her 'Ma'? It was rough and so much was going through Yang's head.

Everyone noticed this, Ruby most of all, it was weird that she was an aunt a new way as She knew Yang was very attached to Ember in such a short span of time. Ruby guessed it was because Ember would be Jason's half-sister. In a weird way, Ruby was seeing indeed seeing a redo of her and Yang, I mean it was all there.

Blond older sibling has a different mom. Check.

The dark-haired younger sibling may have special powers. Check.

A blonde-haired dad who had little faith in himself? Eh, close enough.

two different moms, one a complete wild huntress and one a dark huntress with maiden powers? Check.

one mom that died while the younger sibling was very young. Sadly check.

Honestly, it was a bit scary when you did realize that history repeats itself in many ways. Next thing you know another Immortal being created by accident will try and take over the world and it'll be up to their kids to save the world.

'God I hope I didn't just jinx the future!' Ruby said to herself

Ruby walked a bit slower so she was next to her sister. Ruby was always the one getting advice from Yang, maybe it was time for the tables to be turned.

"How are you holding up?" Ruby asked her sister

Yang was in a trance before looking at ruby

I-I'm sorry Rube's, what did you say?" Yang asked

"I asked how are you holding up?" Ruby repeated

Yang looked at her younger sister, her eyes filled with sadness. The blonde let out a heavy sigh and looked back to the ground, "... Ruby, do you think I'm a good mom?" Yang asked

Ruby looked at her sister like she was stupid, "Yang, you're the best parent I know, why would you ask that?"

"I... I just feel like I didn't do a good job..." Yang replied, "I mean, I didn't even tell the father of my child that he was going to be a father, I didn't even tell my own son who is dad was, I lied for nearly 5-6 years, and to top it all off the man I love now has another kid with one of our worst enemies and she called me mom!" yang cried

"wait, Ember called you mom?"

"Not the point," Yang said "I just... I don't feel like I've done a great job" Yang finished.

"Yang... You may have done some things that I will admit are pretty bad, but you? a Bad mother? No" Ruby told her sister, "and you are nothing like Raven"

With those words, Yang had felt a little better. She thanked her sister and the group kept walking toward the next town, hoping to meet up with Jaune there.

.

.

.

Jason walks next to his dad and he informs him about what he wants to do in life and Jaune told him stories about him and his mother.

"So has Yang taught you Hand-to-hand?" Jaune asked Jason

"yeah, I can fight like mom but I prefer to use a sword," Jason said

"It just feels right huh?" Jaune asked

"yeah... in a weird way I like both your's and mom's fighting styles" Jason replied

"I can understand that," Jaune said "I wasn't good with a sword, even when I attended Beacon, but to me, every time I swung Corceas Mors, It just felt natural, like it was an extra limb"

Jason chuckled, "Mom said the same thing when it came to fighting with fists, she admitted that she was envious of others fighting techniques, but said that punching felt more natural to her"

Jaune chuckled at this as well, He then remembered something that two years after Salem's defeat, Jaune would still smile at the memory.

"Has your mother ever told you how she was able to teach you how to swing a sword?" Jaune asked

"She said she had taught herself," Jason asked

Jaune actually fully laughed at this and Jason was confused and he looked up to his father with his eyebrows raised.

"What's so funny?" Jason asked

Jaune stopped laughing as he tried to answer his son, "S-Sorry it's just... Your mom wanted me to teach how to fight with a sword"

"Wait? mom asked you for help?" Jason said with a smile

The two had a good laugh at that. Jason had heard how stubborn his mother was, which he didn't believe until he had seen it himself many times, sometimes he would get a good laugh at it and sometimes he would be a bit hurt as he saw his mother try to do everything.

"yeah, she asked me as she wanted to prove that she could learn how to fight in a different style... Funny enough, your mom couldn't beat me in a spar with swords" Jaune said

"I think that's one of the few times that Yang has lost to someone," Jaune told him

Jason looked at his dad with a smile, "what were you two like? when you were together?" Jason asked

Jaune looked to his son and a faint smile graced his lips and stopped in his tracks and looked to his son

"Jason, when you're in the middle of the woods and your cold, what do you do?" Jaune asked

"You build a fire" Jason replied

"and describe how fire feels when it's cold," Jaune told his son

"Like... Like a warm hug, that you could never let go of" Jason said with a smile

Jaune nodded, "your mom made me feel that way every time I was with her," Jaune told his son "She became the fire I would seek warmth from. She was My Fire"

Jason looked at his dad. He had always heard his mom speak like that sometimes... she must have been remembering his dad because they sounded the same when they talked about each other, or when his mom would refer to him.

Neer had Jason felt so completed. He had a Mom, He had a Dad, and now, he had a sister. Jason's life felt complete.

I forgot to publish this yesterday! Sorry!