Ninth Letter-Nathaniel

After classes, Clarissa dragged Archer along to a diner with Anneliese. They sat down at a booth and silence took over. "Clare, what's the meaning of this?" Anneliese asked, breaking the silence.

"Order in the court!" Clarissa exclaimed, and some people watched them.

"What the heck, Clare?" She looked at her as if she was crazy.

"I've summoned us here to discuss crucial matters regarding Miss Anneliese over here," she said with a serious face. Archer and Anneliese looked at her boringly. "Did I sound cool?" she asked Anneliese with excitement, and she rolled her eyes.

"Are we here to talk about Mr. Raymond?" he questioned.

"Indubitably," she answered in a British accent.

"Do you even know what that word means?" Anneliese asked.

"Nay."

"What about Mr. Raymond are we talking about exactly?" He asked impatiently.

"I don't know. Just something, like discussing the evidence that points to Mister and Missus Mormont stealing from Mr. Raymond." She shrugged.

"Can we not talk about that?" Anneliese covered her face.

"Oh, honey. We have to if we want to find out what happened." She patted her back.

"Since we don't have any new evidence, let's drop the topic for now," he said.

"Fine, let's order some shakes!" She quickly agreed with a smile.

"You came here just for the shakes didn't you?" Anneliese asked and narrowed her eyes at her.

"Not really..." She looked away with a pout on her face. "Come on! Let's get something! Their shakes and curly fries are extremely delectable!" She gulped in hunger.

"Using big words again, Clare. Are you finally growing up? Oh, wait. No, you still beg to get shakes and curly fries like a little kid." She crossed her arms. Clarissa whined and pouted like an infant, making Archer laugh, which he tried to suppress.

"Geez! You're embarrassing me, Clare." She noticed the customers staring as Clarissa threw a mini tantrum at their booth. "I'll get you your shake and curly fries so zip it!" Clarissa froze and smiled at her success. "What flavor shake?"

"Chocolate!" Clarissa exclaimed.

"Gosh! You're acting like a child. Stop being so puerile."

"I'll assume that means immature or childish."

"That is exactly what it is."

"I'll take a strawberry milkshake," Archer said.

"Um, do you guys expect me to buy those for you?" she asked.

"Yes!" Clarissa exclaimed, and she made up her face.

"Uh, how about I get the drinks for us. What do you want, Anneliese?" he asked with a gentle smile, and her heart jumped.

"Oh...sure, I'll take a chocolate milkshake like Clare," she answered. He got up and went to the counter to order their food. He returned a few minutes later with their drinks and curly fries on a tray. To her, he looked cute holding the tray. For the first time, she found herself staring at his arms in admiration. She followed the veins on his arms with her hazel eyes.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear Clarissa calling her. "Anne!" Clarissa exclaimed.

"Sorry, what?" Anneliese blinked her eyes repeatedly.

"I was asking you which shake you wanted. Yours has more whipped cream on it. Do you like whipped cream?"

"Just take it, Clare." She pushed the glass towards her, and Clarissa bounced in excitement. Archer smiled at her silliness, and Anneliese noticed. His eyes shifted towards her, and he cleared his throat then drank from his strawberry milkshake. 'Does he like Clare?' thought Anneliese. The thought of it made her frown unconsciously.