Fourteenth Letter-Mission

"Since Archer's doing his part on Saturday, I had to push mine back to today, which is Thursday so that I can search the office tomorrow, the day before his," Anneliese said to herself as she ate breakfast. "I'll go to mother's house in the evening with Clarissa then I'm going to the office tomorrow in the afternoon by myself."

She changed into a long-sleeved, light blue, sweater dress; thick, grey leggings; black, thigh-high boots; and a white, hooded, fleece coat. Her hair was styled into a lace braid ponytail. Her neck and ears were accessorized by a silver, triangle necklace and earrings with the same style from Swarovski.

 Her neck and ears were accessorized by a silver, triangle necklace and earrings with the same style from Swarovski

She went to classes like normal. When her last class ended, she pulled Clarissa aside to talk to her. "I need your help today. Let's leave for now before Archer catches up to us then I'll explain in the car," whispered Anneliese. Her friend hesitated but eventually complied and left the campus with her.

"Where did Anneliese go?" Archer asked himself as he looked around for signs of her. "She must've gone home early... Or is she still...embarrassed about...Sunday? Nah! That was three days ago! No way! Right?..." He scratched his head as he walked to his car. A blush crept up his neck as he thought back to Sunday's startling event, and he slapped himself. "Get a hold of yourself, Archer! You're not a teenage boy!"

. . .

"So what's going on?" Clarissa asked Anneliese.

"See, my part of the searching was originally planned for tomorrow, but it's going to be Friday. I want to do it today instead," answered Anneliese.

"Then why did we have to hide from Archer?"

"Because he doesn't know."

"Why didn't you just tell him?"

"He'd want me to stick to Friday, and honestly, I just want to relax Friday. Maybe finally meet up with my father."

"Okay, alright. What do I have to do to help you succeed this mission?" asked Clarissa.

"I need you to distract my mother," answered Anneliese.

"How?" Her brows knitted together.

"I don't know! Come up with something!"

"You expect me to just know what to do on the spot?!" Clarissa threw her hands up.

"Okay, how about you talk to her about me outside the house?" suggested Anneliese.

"Why would I take her outside the house? That's already suspicious!"

"Okay, okay, fine. Keep her in the kitchen then. Tell her I've been acting strange, and you think I'm pregnant or something. Something drastic."

"She would never listen to me if I say that crap about you being pregnant."

"Just distract my mother!" exclaimed Anneliese, and Clarissa nodded.