Thirteenth Letter-Lunch

Two days ago, Anneliese's father sent her a letter saying he'd be out of the country for a few days, so she hadn't received any letters recently. Although, he did think about sending one during his trip because he could still mail it from where he was; however, it might take some time to arrive. He might return before the letter would even reach.

Since it was Sunday, she slept in due to the lack of sleep from the last few days. She was sleeping soundly until her phone rang. 'Ocean Eyes' by Billie Eilish played as the ringtone. She rolled over and covered her face with the blanket. The phone rang a second time and she moved the blanket away to accept the call. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Anne."

She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Archer..good morning..."

"May I call you that?"

"Call me what?" She yawned.

"Anne..."

She blinked a few times. "Oh..um, sure." She smiled unconsciously.

"Did I wake you?"

"Huh? No, no, no. You didn't."

"Oh, that's good."

"Oh, um, why'd you call?" She got up and put her deep brown hair into a messy ponytail.

"I wanted to treat you to a meal since it's Sunday today."

"Is it because of the deal?" She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Erm, partially."

"Okay. Well, where do you want to meet and when?"

"Sebastian's Cafe at twelve."

"Okay, I'll call Clare and tell her too."

"Ah, no. Just..."

"Yes?"

"I..only you need to come..."

'Only me? Why?" thought Anneliese. "I thought you treating me to a meal meant I could bring anyone with me," she teased.

"Ah, w-well. If you want..."

"I'm just kidding." She chuckled. "I'll see you at twelve then."

"Yeah..see you..." He smiled to himself. She hung up and ate breakfast. She had an hour and a half to get ready, so she decided to catch up on some shows before taking a shower and changing clothes. Archer stopped the treadmill he was on and wiped the sweat off with a towel. He downed a bottle of water and threw it in the trash. 'Should I go pick her up?' thought Archer, and he decided to pick up Anneliese ten minutes before twelve.

Twenty minutes before twelve, he took a shower and got ready. He wore a white sweater; a long, light brown coat; black jeans; and white sneakers. His wrist was accessorized by a silver watch from Mido.

 His wrist was accessorized by a silver watch from Mido