Tenth Letter-Linguistics

Anneliese went downstairs to the cluster mailbox to check for her father's letter. He indeed sent one to her, and she quickly returned to her apartment room to open it.

Dear Anneliese,

          First of all, you should always love your parents no matter what. I know I shouldn't be lecturing you on this because I don't know about your situation, and I have no right since I was never there to teach you for sixteen years, but without a doubt, you cannot hate your parents.
          Second of all, this issue you're talking about sounds harmful to you and your parents. Whatever it is, if it's out of your control and not your responsibility, do not include yourself. It's for your safety. I hope you take my advice. It's been sixteen years since I've given you advice. Please consider backing out if it's dangerous.
          Third of all, since you wanted to know, I'm going to tell you about my family. I met your stepmom...Should I call her your stepmom? Well, I met Nicole on the bus. I'll tell you more in my next letter since it's a lot. I want to know more about your life that I missed as well.

Sincerely,
Your father

P.S. I'm looking forward to your next letter!

She smiled when she read the letter; she felt delighted that her father was worried about her safety. She happily wrote her letter to him.

Dear father,

          I know very well that I should love my parents no matter what, but there are some things that are unforgivable; however, I'm not one to hold grudges. This may sound childish, but I'm delighted that you're worried for me but please know that no harm will come to me. I'll be extra careful. Also, I'd love to hear more about how you met my stepmother.
          Lastly, I said my stepfather got me a present, but I forgot to write what it was. He got me a silver necklace from his trip. It's like a miniature London scenery. It just screams London when you look at it. That reminded me of when you went on a business trip to China and brought back a porcelain tea set for me even though I was too young to understand how precious it was. I remember when I accidentally dropped one of the cups and the handle broke off making me cry, and you just said that you'll get me another one; however, you never did. I'm still waiting for it.

Your daughter,
Anneliese

P.S. I still have the tea set. It sat in mother's cabinet for a while just collecting dust, so I sneakily took it over to stepfather's house because I knew she wouldn't have taken it. It's now sitting in my apartment cabinet since I moved out.

She set the letter aside and ate breakfast. She had a cup of coffee and two bagels with cream cheese spread on top. She changed into a long-sleeved, leopard print turtleneck; a knee-length, dark brown skirt; a pair of brown, wedged, winter boots; and a beige, wide, lapel coat. Instead of wearing lipstick or lip tint, she wore a tinted lip balm for the cold and dry weather and styled her hair in a half updo.

 Instead of wearing lipstick or lip tint, she wore a tinted lip balm for the cold and dry weather and styled her hair in a half updo