P. S. It's My Birthday!

"Is the dip ready?" Anneliese asked as she finished hanging up the decorations.

"Yeah, I'm transferring it to a bowl," Archer answered then brought it over to the coffee table covered by a smooth, beige cloth and party food and drinks.

She got down from the couch and sat down, followed by him, after admiring her neat work on the wall. "How does it look?"

"It looks perfect, Anne." He ruffled her hair lovingly, and she gasped.

"Archer! You're ruining my hair." She pouted as she raked a hand through her hair several times to let it resume its wave-like state before he laid a hand on it.

"You look beautiful as always, Anne. Messy hair or not," he said with her small face cupped between his large hands, staring at her genuinely.

Her brow creases subsided as she gently touched his hands, looking dazed and captivated in his icy, blue eyes. Even after all this time, his charm and aura still had an effect on her; it would take control of her and put her into some sort of temporary trance. She blinked hard and snapped out of it. "Let me taste your dip..."

"Oh, yeah. How is it?" he asked as he watched her dip her finger into it.

She licked her finger as the liquid dripped down at a fast but steady pace then sucked her finger and smiled. "Huh, it's nice and thick..."

He stared at her with his mouth slightly agape, and a deep blush spread across his face. His mind was spiraling out of control from the sudden sensual actions his lover had performed before him like it was nothing. She knew darn well it'd have an effect on a male with such a gorgeous female present, not only a woman but his. At least that was what he was thinking, but the mixed expressions of confusion and amusement painted on her face said otherwise. "U-Uh..um..A-Anne- Anneliese..."

"Is your brain buffering?" she joked. "What's wrong, Archer?" She was honestly too slow and innocent to notice what she had done to him. Before she knew it, he grasped her small waist in both hands, lifted her, and set her into his laps sideways with her legs draped across his and feet hanging adjacent to his. Her arms circled his neck from the suddenness. "Um..Archer...?" she asked in a whisper as she looked into his longing eyes with her gullible ones, still lost.

"How can you..do this..to me...?" he asked breathily.

"Do..what...?" Her brows creased. He watched her pink, plump lips move as she talked. He'd only ever laid his onto hers a few times during their relationship since he was super busy, and her dad was keeping tabs on them whenever they were together; he didn't get to be with his daughter for sixteen years, so it was totally understandable.

If he remembered correctly, they hadn't kissed since last New Years. He'd been able to control his want for physical affection this whole time; however, her little stunt made his emotions go haywire and set his caged Tiger free. "You're so cute..that I can't..comprehend what's going on sometimes...I'm absolutely..lost and tongue-tied when you do..certain things..." He licked his lips, and she stared at them this time.

"I..feel..the same way..." she remarked breathlessly, her forehead resting on his with her eyes closed and lips centimeters apart from his. He closed the distance, and they both hummed in satisfaction. She dug her fingers into his soft and thick hair while he rested a hand behind her neck, and the other worked its way into her shirt and up her back slowly. The kiss was slow and gentle, making her heart palpitate and slam against her chest repetitively.

Becoming absorbed in each other's arms, they didn't hear the door opening. "Hey, Archy! I brought your favorite pepperoni, beef, and black olive pizza!" Clarissa exclaimed. The couple's heated session was broken in a matter of seconds. They pulled away from each other in a blink from shock and froze in their spot as Anneliese brought a hand to her mouth, and they stared at the entryway, both totally flustered. Clarissa watched them with wide eyes, her mouth agape and hands raised with a box of pizza and a bag of beverages. The two finally separated to sit still next to each other, their heads hung low with complete and utter embarrassment. Her eyes narrowed, and she smirked. "Oh, ho, ho. What do we have here? Is this why you told me to come later? So you can be with this..this inferior woman?!"