Two

The rest of the day went on normally, and as he was leaving, Hinata called to Kageyama. "See you tomorrow!" He grinned, one of those close eyed smiles, making his face light up. It was so bright, it made Kageyama want to smile.

Instead, he just waved to the bubbly boy, before heading in the opposite direction.

Kageyama wondered how the boy could be so bright and kind to him. They'd hardly spoken more than a few sentences, and Hinata acted as if they'd been friends for years.

He hoped that he could actually become friends with the bright boy. Maybe people would realize he wasn't a bad person, and all he wanted was a friend.
_
_
_
_

When Tobio arrived home, he saw his mother's car in the driveway. I hope she's just dropping off more money. I'm almost out..

He opened the door, announcing his presence. He heard the pitter patter of his mother, as she entered the room. Kageyama slipped off his shoes, greeting her. "Hi Mom."

"Oh, Tobio, I missed you so much!" She hugged him tightly. "I wish I could stay longer, but tomorrow I have to go back to work." She ended the hug, to Kageyama's relief. "I'll leave you some money, and I'll try to call you, but you know my work..."

Kageyama nodded to acknowledge that he'd heard. "Any news hun, anything interesting happen while I was away?" Kageyama shrugged.

"There's this transfer student we got. He seems nice, and he's been talking with me. I don't know if we're friends or not...we just met."

Mrs.Kageyama smiled. "That's good, good. Why don't you go change while I make some supper?" Kageyama nodded, and headed up to his room.

He changed and reviewed his homework, before heading down stairs. The smell of spicy tofu wafting from the kitchen.

Supper was quiet, the occasional comment from his mother the only sound.

When they finished, Kageyama washed the dishes, then headed to his room. He pulled out his book to read.

After he got kinda bored, he decided to take a shower and go to bed.
_
_
_
_
The next morning, Mrs.Kageama made breakfast before they had to say goodbye. She was really happy she got to see him off before she left.

When Kageyama entered the classroom, he was greeted by a smiling Hinata. "Hiya! You don't mind if I sit with you again, do you?" Kageyama shook his head. "I don't mind."

Hinata bounced over to his seat, happily.

Hinata talked non-stop, untill class started. To be honest, Kageyama didn't mind the small boys chitter. He felt happy that someone was talking to him, not cowering everytime he looked their way.

Kageyama dosed off, having stayed up pretty late to finish his book.
He was woken up to Hinata shaking him. "Sensei wants to see you during break...you looked tired, so I didn't want to wake you... sorry."

The bell rang, and Kageyama grabbed his lunch, before heading to Sensei's desk.

"Kageyama, I see you don't enjoy my class. I don't mind just don't sleep in my class please."

Kageyama bowed,"Sorry, sir." He waved the boy away. "Dismissed." And with that, Kageyama headed up to the roof.

"Sorry I didn't wake you! I didn't mean to get you in trouble!" Hinata bowed in apology.

Kageyama smiled, and ruffles Hinata's hair. "It's fine, dumbass."

Hinata stood back up, grinning. "If you say so."

"Oi, dumbass, we're gonna run out of time to eat if we don't start." Kageyama sat down in his usual spot, Hinata following suit.

They hurriedly ate lunch, leaving no time for small talk. The bell rang just as they were finishing.
_
_
_
_ The end of the day
_

As Kageyama was packing up his things, Hinata asked, "Kags? You wanna hang out with me this weekend?" Kageyama nodded. "That would be cool. What do you have in mind?"

Hinata shrugged. "We could hang at my place and play video games or go to the movies.....I didn't really think that far into it.." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously."

Kageyama shrugged. "It doesn't really matter to me. You pick, tell me the time and location, and I'll show up." With that, Kageyama walked out of the classroom.