Eight

I was gonna write a Christmas special, but Kags birthday is first and I didn't want to do it out of order.

(Kageyama's Birthday is Dec 22)

_
_
_
Instead of heading to pick up his sister, Hinata hid just around the corner until the blushing Kags was no longer in sight.

He hurried back into the Hot Topic from earlier. He planned on buying Kags birthday gift early, and giving it to him later.

Hinata hurried over to the shirt Kageyama had been looking at. It was a solid black t shirt with a plaid shirt attached. He didn't see why Kageyama wanted it, it was pretty plain.

He grabbed a size that looked like it would fit the other, and looked around. He wanted to get him something else too.

He decided on another shirt and a hoodie, they were more expensive because they were band shirts from the Karasuno Crows- a rock band Kageyama listened to.

Hinata hurried to pick his sister up- for real this time- bags on hand.
_
_
_
_
_ Kageyama's Birthday

Kageyama was happy that it was finally winter break. He figured his mother would stop by to visit him, as she usually did.

When Kageyama walked to school, the last day before winter break, Hinata had greeted him with a gift bag.

Kags walked to his desk before opening it.

"Happy birthday, Kageyama!" Hinata was eager for Kageyama to open the bag.

Inside was the shirt he'd wanted last weekend when he forgot his wallet- Kageyama had actually forgotten about the shirt. After that was the newest hoodie from his favorite band, and a t-shirt.

He gave Hinata a timid hug, as he thanked him. "Thanks Hinata." He put the hoodie on, before putting the shirts in his bag.

Class started and the day went on. The hoodie was comfortable, but Kageyama felt a little awkward wearing a sweater received from his crush and friend.

Hinata couldn't help but glance at Kags every so often, just to see the smile he rarely ever wore.

Hinata felt warm inside to see Kageyama's smile. He blushed a little and looked away after a few seconds.

The lunch bell rang, and Hinata was jerked from his thoughts. Kageyama led the way to the roof.

"Thanks again, Hinata." Kageyama  smiled, somewhat awkwardly.

"My pleasure, Kageyama." Hinata grinned back. "I wasn't sure how you'd react or if you already had the new merch. I'm glad you like it though."

They ate lunch, Hinata chattering away. Kageyama unconsciously stared at the fluffy older- that is until he blinked, and Hinata was right up in his face.

"Woah~!" He jumped back, startled.

"Kageyama! The bell rang!" Hinata giggled at him. "You were staring off into space and I couldn't get your attention."

Kageyama blushed, and hurriedly packed up his lunch. "S-sorry." Hinata helped him, then they both ran downstairs and to their classroom.

They were flushed and out of breath when they hurried through the doors of the class.

"Sorry! It's my fault we're late, I wasn't paying attention!" Kageyama apologized as they both bowed to Takeda sensei.

He frowned. "Sit down boys. I will talk with you at the end of class."

Kageyama slumped to his chair. He hated getting in trouble. He always got really bad nerves when he had to talk to Sensei and it was hard enough to speak up for being late.
He was a bundle of nerves till the end of class.

Hinata fared better, only hoping his mother didn't need to be called- he figured they wouldn't need to call her, but he really didn't want to get grounded again.

_

"Can you please explain to me why you were late?"

Kageyama trembled. "Sensei I-we-um.." Hinata looked concerned and grabbed his hand were sensei couldn't see, as a means to calm him.

Kageyama blushed, and cleared his throat. "Sorry, sir. I got distracted and didn't notice when it was time to leave. Hinata tried to get my attention, but I guess it didn't work. We had to hurry to class, and would have made it.....but I tripped." He hung his head embarrassed at the last part.

Sensei sighed. "I trust you Kageyama, just don't let it happen again."

Kageyama bowed. "Yes, sir. Sorry, sir." He walked out, Hinata following after a quick bow in apology.

Kageyama let go of Hinata's hand. "Thanks, Hinata. That really helped."

"I hoped it would." He grinned up at the taller boy. "Maybe we can hang out this week, since we have break and all?"

"Any time. Just stop by and we can go to the movies or something." He gave Hinata a quick smile before running in the direction of his house.

Hinata smiled to himself, before turning and heading to his own home.
_
_
_
I almost wish I was good at cliff hangers- it would make this boring thing a bit more interesting..
..alas, I am not and we must all suffer in the bored anticipation I hate so dearly.

Happy birthday Kageyama-kun

I'm either late or early for his b-day not sure when it is I'll actually be able to post this.....

Whatever....

[Emo-out]