Chapter 4: Remorse

Bái Wēi stands silently, crimson eyes fixed on an empty bed where his love should be, the only clue to his inner turmoil the shaking of his hands. "Ha ... so you finally managed to bring him back, Lore. You've finally finally finally- haha hahaHa HahahaHAHA!" He bursts into wild laughter, dense and dark qi exploding from his body and destroying the room.

His subordinates drop to their knees suppressed by his sheer aura, coughing up blood and he pays them no heed. Darkness swirls beneath his feet, devouring the floor and he nearly loses control, nails digging crescents into his palm. But he can't. He drags his restraint back, pulling back his qi. He can't destroy this room. It's Bǎihé's.

He only has this.

"You bitch," he can't help the smile on his lips, madness lurking in those enchanting crimson red depths.

I lost him ...again.

His peerless face is as cold as death, the twist of his lips horrifying and intimidating. His hair is a waterfall of raven feathery hair, like the glossy coat of ravens, cascading to his hips and framing his cold face, pulled into a tail at waist. He wore an elaborate robe of crimson blood-red and black, which contrasted with his pale features perfectly, lips thin and a soft pink. Between his brows was a crimson flame that looked very much like a lotus in full bloom. He was absolutely mesmerizing. Madness etched in lovestruck crimson peach blossom eyes, capable of stealing souls with a glance.

"Lily~" he breathes obsessively, slowly as if placed under a spell, walking to the empty bed.

Shivering at his feet are his subordinates, cowering piteously. One of them daringly rises to speak, regretting it the moment he did, violent qi launching him into a wall. "My Lord -Ah!"

He dares?

Bái Wēi face darkens immediately unable to look away at the disturbance, "scram," he hisses menacingly. They disappear quickly and he is left alone, face turning gentle and soft as if in front of him was Lily himself. He can't help but imagine that unforgettable face, one that haunts him to this day.

"I'm sorry I killed you. It was my fault. Everything is my fault Lily but I still love you. I can't love anyone but you, ah. I know she brought you back. I know. I know you will run from me. I know. But, I love you. I love you so so so much my heart shattered killing you." He runs a hand over the bed that has long gone cold, the faint scent of citrus lingering. His fingers shake, breath getting heavier as he kneels beside the bed, clutching at red sheets.

"I love you Lily. I love you. I love you. I love you." He chants it single mindedly, mind struck with images of an adorable, mocha skinned slender male with sheepish black curls and lively jade eyes, pink lips tilted in a lopsided smile and the lilting laughs he made. "Don't leave me anymore because I love you. I won't do that again if you stay. I love you. I love you."

He remembers the last words Lily screamed at him before he killed him, how they broke his heart and drove him to murder.

"I love you."

I HATE YOU!

"I love you."

How could you do this? You don't love me! You don't know what love is, pyscho!

"I love you."

I can't live like this. I want to die. I want to die! This silence hurts. Why would you hurt me like this? Do you truly wish to drive me to the end? Are your confessions of love a game to make me hate you? Is this what you want?

He kept screaming. Bái Wēi couldn't stop him from screaming. He doesn't want to remember the blood flowing from Lily's ears or the desperation in his voice. He had hurt Lily horribly. He had shattered him.