Chapter 5.1: Alone

Lily sticks his feet in the crystal clear pond water, eyes occasionally darting back to the golden markings on his body that glint under the midday sun. When he woke up he tried to call for System 0 but he recieved no reply so he just explored the surprisingly big clearing. It's around the size of the moderately sized apartment complex.

He had circled the clearing after a few hours, discovering that at the far end there were very beautiful flowers that look 80 percent similar to lilies. Their petals are large and really soft with a fragrant sweet scent. He couldn't help gently plucking and twisting some into his hair which he decided to braid. The flower is white at the core like a snowdrop and fades green like bamboo at the ends of the wide curled petals like a gentle grasping hand. Its stem is translucent and he can see solid white veins inside the stem.

He had braided the lower half of his hair loosely and carelessly brought it over it his left shoulder in a messy fishtail that tickled his knees. The upper half is left mostly alone besides two braids shaping the loose hair into a rose bun from his temples, letting long strands fall in front of his face. The strange lilies were threaded in every braid, a masterpiece he believes.

He pats his cheeks and sighs, frowning at his face. This face is annoyingly pretty. Wouldn't a face like this make him easy to notice? Rubbing his cheeks as if he's trying to to rub away the beauty, he grimaces. He needs a mask or else this face will drag him into trouble.

Now that it's a new day and he's not running for his freedom, Lily is starting to regain focus. He's been reincarnated into an otherworldly version of himself, who has been murdered in bed by a psychopath, who turns out to be the same psychopathic bastard who murdered him in his past life. And unlike most stories he doesn't have any memories to tide him over.

A stirring in his mind tells him that isn't normal. Who removed them? Lore or that bastard? Maybe he lost them during his rebirth.

His lips curl down in frustration.

So he's completely blind on how Bǎihé met Bái Wēi and what he went through. It feels like he caught a hen only to find out it's too scrawny to eat. He doesn't have enough information on the situation.

Tilting his head down, he stares at the tiny blooming flowers. Unfortunately he has no choice but to wait for System 0 to come back before he can get info and make a proper goal.

A goal huh. Ruddy lips thin into a line.

Living for music isn't enough, is it?

Only focused on what he could hear that he couldn't see. He hadn't really made any good friends because he judged them based on their sounds and colors. Anything he didn't like he avoided, even if the person wasn't bad. He knew quite a few people like that.

Thinking back on it, had he not ignored the signs in favor of Bái Wēi's alluring sounds he wouldn't have been taken so easily.

Having his greatest strength turned into a weakness is pitiful.

He snorts disdainfully. Judging people… who gave me the right? He mocks himself, bitterly and shakes his head. At the very least he will try to stop judging others based on their colors and sounds.

“Well”, he mumbles reluctantly, “I'll try my best.” He really will but... no, no excuses. He'll just have to do it. Letting that particular weakness exist is only making trouble for himself. If this world has something like a siren he'd die in an instant. He's not underestimating himself. He knows how easily taken in by sound he is. Point Bái Wēi. Another point is when he was a child his parents would stick a pair noise insulating headphones on his ears when he'd misbehave as a child and he'd last for three minutes at most before bursting into tears and apologizing for what he's done.