Chapter Three

"That is it for today, class. Don't forget to do your homework and I will see you all next weekend!"

"Thank God..." I rolled my eyes while getting up from the chair.

"For what?" Alicia stopped just when she was passing by my desk. "That it's over? If you ask me, you should stay here over the weekend as well because you're stupid as hell." Her friends laughed standing behind her back.

"And if you ask me, you're definitely the last person capable of judging who is stupid and who isn't."

"Oooooh..." Her friends were shocked by my answer. I was too because I never had guts to say something mean back to her but I felt like the rock in my bag had something to do with my sudden courage and the demon probably spoke through me.

"Say something rude to me ever again and you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life!" She got into my face.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do to me? I can't wait for you to try."

"I'm not gonna get my hands dirty because of someone irrelevant as you are. Christine and Lauren are gonna do it for me. And you don't wanna know what."

"You two are even bigger idiots than she is." I looked at them and they stopped laughing when I said that.

"This girl is really getting on my nerves." Christine said. "I say we should teach her a lesson."

"Why are you following her like dogs? You definitely wouldn't do that if you knew what she did to you behind your back!"

"What are you talking about?" Alicia seemed scared all of a sudden.

"We don't believe you." Lauren said.

"You don't have to believe me. But I think you should know that she has been pretty friendly with your stepdad for the last couple of weeks. Yes, I said it; stepdad. She's even ruining your mom's marriage because she recently found out and wants to divorce him. That's why you've been randomly seeing her crying around the house."

"Is she saying the truth?!" Lauren turned to face Alicia. She looked at me and I knew she was furious.

"Just once I took a gift he gave me, that's it!"

"He's thirty years older than you! Are you... Ugh!" She stormed out of the classroom.

"Honestly, Alicia, you really shouldn't have done that to her. I thought we were best friends."

"Oh, but that's not even the worst part yet. Do you remember the guy you dated since junior high and who constantly repeated he was going to marry you? Of course you remember Jamie. Well, he asked your best friend Alicia for advice on how to propose to you. And do you know what advice she gave him? To break up with you! And they made out while he was holding your engagement ring in his pocket! If that's what you call a best friend I'm glad I don't have any friends!"

"You really did that?! How could you?!" Christine seemed out of her mind.

"I... Well, I can't deny it, but... Think about it, there is no way she could know all these things! How?!"

"Don't ever call me again! Ever!" She also stormed out. Now Alicia and I were all alone.

"Congratulations on that little show you did for us. Just know that this is not your victory. Do you think you hurt me by getting rid of those fake friends for me? I can only thank you! And I won't because you're stupid!"

"I think you're the only one fake around here, Alicia. But just wait, you are going to get what you deserve." I didn't know what I meant by that. Knowing all those things about Alicia was also confusing for me but it felt so natural.