4: He Really Did That?!

Warning: The use of the "n" word is used in this chapter.

-----

“You are a liar!” Josie yelled, howling with laughter. “I know that nigga did not say that shit to you!” She screeched, eyes crinkled from her cheeks pushing up on them with glee.

Ranil nodded, jumping up and down to fit into his black skinny jeans. He had just finished telling her about his trip to the restaurant the day before and about how his curls were “grade F”.

“I’m surprised your ass didn't reach across the table and knock his ass out.” And she took another large bite out of her Pop-Tart.

“I’m telling you,” Ranil started, before letting out a grunt, finally getting into his pants, “If he acts like he ain't got no home training today I surely will cuss his pompous ass out.” He stated sighing from the extreme workout known as ‘Will These Pants Fit Me?’

Josie got up, stretching so that her belly flopped out of her red hoodie. Ranil laughed and grabbed her belly, jiggling it. She scowled and hit his hands away. “Bruh, it’s like six in the morning. Chill out.” She said.

Ranil stopped and slipped on a black V-neck. He didn't know what the dress code was at Roman’s salon, but it was probably black. “Oh but lets not forget,” Ranil continued the rant he had started, “I have to kiss that Clairece bitch’s butt so she can wipe it off and touch Roman’s with it.” He snorted.

“That’s some nasty shit.” Josie remarked, turning around and taking her Pop-Tart wrapper into the small kitchen. He heard her throw it away before she said, “Like, bruh c’mon. It’s seriously your salon. You decided to take on apprentices. The least you could do is train your own dogs. But ya’know, not wiping your own shit is Rich People 101 basics.” She said, coming back into the living room.

Finished dressing, Ranil plopped into the couch. Josie sat next to him and laid on his stomach. She scratched at her long dreadlocks before turning on her back to look up at the ceiling with Ranil.

“Will I be able to visit you at the new salon?” She asked.

Ranil could hear in her voice that she was going to miss being able to walk into a salon willy-nilly and eat her food all over the place. He smiled, “I’m not sure. He probably has a long-ass rulebook for the apprentices that includes some bull like; no breathing while master Roman is one mile away from you.”

Josie let out a loud laugh. “Fuck that.” She said, “I’ma come visit you anyway. If him or his trick Clairence got somethin’ to say I’ll throw my McChicken at them.”

It was Ranil’s turn to belt out a laugh. He knew she would do it, mainly because he’d seen her do it before. He pulled his phone out his pocket and checked the time. It was ten minutes passed six a.m. While looking at his phone he realized that it was the final day for his sister to get in contact with him. After that, he remembered, he wasn't supposed to give two shits about her until she was officially okay. In the past Ranil would probably give her until twelve in the morning to call, and then give her until one in the morning, and keep pushing it back until he forgave her overall. Not this time. Things wouldn't change until she did. She had to take responsibility for her actions. It wasn't his place to take them for her. She was a grown ass woman who acted childish.

“You better get a move on it buster.” Josie said with a smirk as she got up off his belly.

It was true. Ranil walked to and from work every day. This new apprenticeship wasn't any different. Both of them got up and headed to Ranil’s front door. They exited and as Ranil was locking the door Josie spoke up.