5: Let's Try That Again

Author's Note: Hey guys! As you may or may not have noticed, I didn't upload a chapter last week. That's because I'm extremely busy applying to colleges and studying for final exams. Those are next week. I see that this is my most read story so I'm still going to keep on schedule!

I'd like to thank everyone who has added this story to some kind of reading list, voted or read it. It means the world to me! I hope you continue to enjoy this story and vote as you please~!

Ciao!

Warning: Josie's in the chapter so the n-word is almost guaranteed.

---

Okay, so maybe it wasn’t a good idea to let Josie tag along. Ranil and Josie were walking down the sidewalk and she was yapping a mile a minute. Honestly, it was like listening to an auction. You nodded your head and pretended to know what that auctioneer was saying so you wouldn’t get slapped.

Greensboro was one of Ranil’s favorite cities, but he was a High Point child and so was Josie. His apartment was in Greensboro and so was both of the salons he worked at. Now in the South, a city wasn’t what Northern people would think of. A city here was probably the like the country up in a state like New York. It was smaller and a lot less dense, but for Southern folk, it was way too busy. Some liked the hustle and bustle of Greensboro and Raleigh others preferred the hush of places like Boone. Boone was such a relaxing place, over in the Appalachian mountain area. Ranil always liked going to the mountains. It was so free over there. He didn’t go much though because he had neither the time nor money. Greensboro was nice though, it wasn’t the city but it wasn’t… empty.

They arrived at the entrance to Bousaid’s Beauties with Josie still talking about a fish or something.

“Daaaaang!” She said, pausing from whatever tale she was telling Ranil. “This piece is fancy.” Josie whistled.

“I know.” Ranil nodded, opening the door. He really hoped he wouldn’t get in trouble for bringing Josie along. It was nearly an hour before he was actually supposed to be there and it’s not like anyone would snitch. Then his mind instantly flew to Timothy.

“Ooo~! I wanna use the Keurig!” Josie chacha’ed her way over to the waiting lounge for the clients.

Ranil tutted and followed after her. “I don’t think we can use those.” He stated, grabbing Josie’s wandering hand. “Besides, you already got a bottle of water for your McChicken.” He said, motioning to the chicken sandwich she had ordered from McDonald’s.

“Water ain’t gon’ do nothin’. I need me some Wild Mountain Blueberry coffee!” She concluded while licking her greedy lips and reaching her McChicken hand to the k-cups.

Ranil yanked her away. “Anyway,” He said, ignoring her pout, “Over here is where we’re supposed to be.” He dragged them into the apprentice room.

Once they got in, Ranil noticed he wasn’t the only one that decided to come in early. There was Benjamin and Lydia standing in a corner talking. They looked in Ranil’s direction with surprise and then they looked at Josie with confusion.

“Good morning!” Josie said with a polite smile.

Lydia’s freckled face cracked into a smile. “Good morning… Uhm,” She stuttered, “Who are you?”

Ranil hoped they wouldn’t snitch on him, but they didn’t really seem the type. Timothy on the other hand… Ugh.

“I’m Ranny’s best friend, Josephine, or Josie or Jose.” Then she gave them a nod.