chapter five

~ - chapter five - ~

"You mean of all the girls we saw in there, none of them is her daughter?" Daniel asked Hosuh when they left the village after promising once again they'd search for the last girl.

Hosuh nodded, frowning worriedly. "Yeah, none of them. I-I'm not even sure if I want to know how she's doing right now." 

"She's fine, Hosuh, don't worry." Daniel patted his back and turned to the other two.

"So, what's our next course of action, captain?" Ann inquired, making Daniel roll his eyes.

"We need to stop chasing him so recklessly. I don't think we'll be able to catch him at this rate," Daniel began. "We need to set up a plan. Search for clues to where he could possibly be right now, what his motives are, what does he want with those girls."

Ann nodded vigorously as Hosuh mimicked her actions, yet with less energy.

"I know what we could do! I have a very good plan in mind!" Stephen exclaimed, causing the three to stare at him curiously wondering if what can possibly be in that mind of his. "Okay, what can possibly be that spectacular plan of yours, Stephen?" Daniel played along.

"We could go k-"

"No, we're not murdering anyone, Stephen."

"But-"

"No."

"Fine. . ." Stephen pouted. "Then how about we-"

"No, we're not visiting any villages with corpses so you could reanimate them."

"But-"

"No."

"Oh, come on! Why is everything not allowed. I'm pretty much useless right now if I can't have my dream army!" He whined, stomping his feet on the ground.

"I-Is Stephen throwing a tantrum right now?" Ann whispered to Hosuh.

Hosuh laughed nervously. "He's been like that since we were young. Sorry about him." He scratched the back of his head.

"I'm useless!"

"Good." Daniel nodded. "Stay that way."

"Seriously?!"

"Guys," Hosuh interrupted, "stop bickering, please. Let's get on with the mission, yeah?"

The team decided it would be best to discuss this in a small inn they could stay in for the night. It was almost getting dark, anyway.

As they walked, looking for other available rooms, the sun set. Orange hues with a mix of pink and purple painted the sky. And before they even knew it, the view above them turned dark.

Daniel stared at the stars above his head, thinking, this was actually harder than I expected.

= KING'S MISSION =