chapter eight

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

THIS CHAPTER IS FILLED WITH GORY THEMES, PLEASE READ IN CAUTION! ENJOY!

~ = chapter eight = ~

As they walked to their destination, Stephen noticed himself staggering. And now that he thinks about it, he feels a painful ache in his head, the world around him spinning. He felt the sudden urge to puke. And it was like his legs got turned into jelly, slowly by slowly losing balance and feeling numb.

"Guys I-" He stumbled in his steps - which would've been adorable if it was in a different circumstance - but for now, it was just sad. his face was morphed into pain. "Guys, I don't feel so good right now."

Then a thump.

Hosuh quickly turns back and sees Stephen sprawled on the ground, head-first. Daniel noticed Hosuh running back and realized his purple-haired friend passed out cold.

Hosuh gently flipped Stephen around. His brows furrowed, Stephen's breathing was too heavy, and his heart was beating rapidly for no reason.

"Is Stephen okay?" Daniel asked the gray-haired healer.

Hosuh sighed. "He's fine, but it's like he has a fever." He touched Stephen's forehead and bit his lip. "Yup. A very high one. By any chance, did he over-use his power?"

Daniel blinked, then frowned. "Yeah. . .I guess? He has an army right now and it's pretty big."

It was basic knowledge that at such a low level as Daniel, Stephen, and Hosuh, it's a must they don't get too excited and step into a level they aren't suited for yet. Trainees must learn how to get used to doing such grave things, but it will eventually grow overtime as they go on missions and train their bodies.

"For Stephen to control such a huge army must be draining for him, since his body isn't used to it and he doesn't have enough control yet. I think it's best for him and us to rest," Hosuh explained, motioning for Daniel as they both carried him to the nearest shady tree.

"Ah, alright. We should recharge." Daniel plopped down on the grass and let out a deep breath, his eyes closed.

Hosuh mimicked his actions and laid down, thinking about future problems they might face.

Above them, the clouds were blocking the sun, causing the road ahead to be gloomy and creepy. Talk about a horror masterpiece. Ann was also not with them because she told the three she forgot something and she'll catch up soon. Hosuh is worried for her.

"Hey, Daniel?" Hosuh called.

"Hm?"

"Once all of this is over, want to visit the King's garden? Maybe we could also bring Ann there sometime."

"Yeah. . . that'd be nice."

THE KING'S MISSION