Grim Reaper

"Oh, and by the way you're in charge of cleaning the house so after we eat I'm going somewhere and you clean" she grabs my hand, and holds it. I feel myself heat up and she removes her hand.

"Rough hands, must mean you work alot. Lucky me" she walks down the stairs.

"The doors!"

She opened the doors revealing an expensive red car parked in front of the house.

She gets in the driver's seat and waits for me to get in, I would hesitate but my stomach rumbled.  I got in and examined the car, it seemed new or it was just really clean.

"So what do you do for a living?" she starts the engine and starts driving, "I'm still looking for a part time job, I still have to finish college so I can't really afford to get a full time job" I reply.

"What about you?" I asked, she smiled and glances at me. "If I told you would you believe me?" I raised an eyebrow, "I probably will." I said.

"I'm the Grim Reaper"

I choked on air, "No way" she giggled. "You actually believed me, that's a first" I breathe in relief, "So.. you're not actually the Grim Reaper?".

"I am" she speeds, "Yah, it's past the speed limit, slow down" I put my forgotten seatbelt on.

"Someone just died, the ghost might wander off and I'm going to get scolded by the old woman" she suddenly stops the car making me bump my head.

"Wait she's really the Grim Reaper!?"

I groaned in pain and touched my forehead. She gets out of the car and walks to the dead body, if I didn't have the stomache I would've been vomiting right now.

The body has been torn apart,a pool of blood surrounding it. The guts had been splattered around the ground.

"I think I just lost my appetite"

The driver stared in horror and got off the truck. After seeing the result he immediately went back inside the truck and drived away.

"What a jerk. Wait why didn't he see the woman in black- I should really ask her name. Maybe she is.. the Grim Reaper"

"What a headache" she sat on the driver's seat. "Why what happened?" I asked, she looked at me and massaged her temples.

"He kept on persisting that he was still alive and that he has a little boy at home waiting for him to return" she said, I raised an eyebrow. "So.. did you let him wander off first?" she glared at me.

"Ofcourse not" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Shouldn't he be permitted to already see his little boy first? Where does he live? The baby would die without a guardian" she stared at me and frowned.

"I'll take you there, but you should clean the whole house, squeaky clean" she drived to the nearest house and her eyes looked down.

"Get off." she coldly said. I got off the vehicle and she left, I approached the house, immediately the sound of a baby crying was heard.

"Maybe I should tell the neighbors"

I knocked on the neighbor's door, after a while the door opened revealing a middle aged woman.

I bowed, and she returned the bow. "Ma'am do you know who lives next to your house?" I asked, she rubs her eyes and nods. "It's Kim Minjoon's house, why do you ask?", I took a deep breath and said "Ma'am Minjoon has just died, and Minjoon's baby is left inside".

Her eyes widened and rushed to Minjoon's house, she unlocks it surprisingly. She had tears running down from her eyes.

"Excuse me ma'am but are you a relative?" she wiped the tears off her eyes and answered. "I'm his sister"

"Something's not right, if Minjoon went out, why would he leave the baby here if he's sister is just he's neighbor"

"Maybe, they don't have a good relationship"

I went inside the house, the lady already carrying the baby in her hands. I looked at the pictures on the wall.

A picture of Minjoon and the baby along with the mother. Young pregnancy, I presume cause they looked young.

I felt my phone vibrate nonstop, I grabbed it from my pocket and held it against my ear.

"Who is it?"

"It's Nayeon. Just checked Minjoon's family and she is definitely not his sister"

"Nayeon?"

"The Grim Reaper, dumbass" then she ended the call.

"Nayeon. huh"

I looked at the lady carrying the still crying baby boy in her hands. "Ma'am you are not his sister. Please tell the tell the truth" I walked closer and her grip on the baby tightened.

"Don't" she grabbed a displayed wine on a table and crashed it into the wall. It became a sharp glass shard, I gulped, but I knew she was harmless.

"Ma'am please hand the baby to me, I'll make sure to take him to the police." she glared at me and tried to hit me with the glass shard.

I tried to dodge it but it tore a part of my shirt on the stomach part.

"Ma'am I don't mean any harm. Just hand the baby please, I'll make sure he will get proper care" I tried to reason but to no avail.

Then a siren rang loudly, a police car had just arrived. The police got of his car and frowned, "Jinhee please hand the baby over. Our baby is dead and it wouldn't any good if we steal another baby" he walked towards the lady and held the hand that held the glass shard.

She let go of the glass shard and cried. She handed the baby to her husband, the cop, and looked at the baby with sad eyes.

I smiled and headed for the door. "Please wait" I looked back at the lady. "I'm sorry" she said and looked at the floor.

"It's okay I understand" I left the house, covering the tear on my shirt. Nayeon stood at the other side of the street, frowning and leaning on the red car.

I crossed the road and waved at Nayeon.

"Why don't you show your stomach when you have an actual 6 pack" she rolled her eyes, meanwhile I smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" she raised an eyebrow at me, "I helped a ghost out and a baby is also saved and I learned the Grim Reaper's name. So many achievements in one day" I said still smiling.

"You forgot one achievement" She smiled.

"You're going to live with a beautiful woman"