Chapter Twenty•

"Hey, guys. You all ready to order?" The woman asked, standing in front of them with a note pad. Merlin and Arthur had taken a walk and ended up in a restaurant with live music.

"Ah, yes. I'd have the steak and whatever else it comes with." Arthur said, without using his manners. Merlin rolled his eyes at him and said he'd get the same. Though, he added a please on the end.

"How would you like it cooked and what drinks would you like with that?"

"Normal and whatever you have please." Merlin smiled. The woman smiled back at him. Arthur looked up and double took as he saw her flirting.

"Hey. I want my food?" Arthur demanded.

The woman nodded and walked back towards the kitchen.

"What was that for?" Merlin said, furrowing his brows.

"Nothing, Merlin. I'm just hungry." Arthur sulked, clearly pissy with Merlin. Merlin smirked and made annoying small talk as they waited for their food. Arthur was jealous.

Merlin and Arthur looked at each other as the food came out. Arthur played with the mushroom and chips. They'd never seen anything like it. But it was delicious.

"It's strange that you aren't serving me." Arthur laughed, trying to start conversation with a sulking Merlin. He cleared his throat and stood up.

"Let's go watch the music artists play." Arthur smirked. Merlin looked up at his king, as always he had a jawline and cheekbones for days. Merlin smiled and tilted his head as if he was agreeing.

The music was different, weird. But they enjoyed it never the less.

Arthur was clapping along with the audience; he didn't notice Merlin had left his side. They'd had a few drinks, of who knows what. "Merlin?" Arthur frowned when he finally noticed Merlin was gone. He darted around the room with his eyes until he spotted a very drunk, chatty Merlin. He was talking to the bar maid who'd just served them, and Arthur didn't know why but his blood boiled. He took one last swig of his alcohol and then got onto the stage.

"Yes, mate. Your turn. You sing, we'll follow." The drummer winked.

Merlin turned and double took as he saw Arthur on stage. "Oh, no." Merlin sighed. Arthur sat on the stall with a guitar. He thought it couldn't be any different to a banjo, so why not.

"This goes out to my favourite person, Merlin." Arthur said, straightening the mic.

"Do you remember summer 09? Wanna go back there every night. Just can't lie was the best time of my life...

Lying on the beach as the sun blew out. Playing this guitar by the fire too loud. Oh my my, they could never shut us down.

I used to think that I was better alone. Why did I ever wanna let you go. Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea. The words you whispered I will always believe.

I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah. I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah."

Merlin looked at him with wide eyes as if to say shut up. But he kept singing.

"Yeah we were together summer 09, wanna roll back like pressing rewind. You were mine and we never said goodbye-bye-bye-eye eye.

I used to think that I was better alone, better alone. Why I did I ever wanna let you go, let you go. Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea, stared at the sea. The words you whispered I will always believe.

I want to you rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah. I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah.

R-O-C-K me again, R-O-C-K me again, R-O-C-K me a-again, yeah. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me yeah. I want you to hit the pedal heavy metal, show me you care. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I want you to rock me. Rock me. Rock me yeah."

Merlin was smiling and clapped sarcastically. Arthur laughed and decided to give the guitar back.

"No. Not until you point out who that was for. It was brilliant." The guitarist said.

Arthur pointed out to Merlin. He went bright red and covered his face.

"Oh, Merlin. You clot-pole. Get over here." Arthur smiled with open arms. Was this really happening. Arthur being nice, and wanting to hug in front of people.

Merlin ran over to Arthur and wrapped his arms around him. It was the most freedom he'd ever felt. Hugging the king in front of a crowd, it was the most satisfying feeling he'd ever have.

Merlin asked Arthur if they could go home. It was getting late, their watches read midnight.

As they got through the door they started making out. Arthur bit onto Merlin's bottom lip and pushed him up against the wall.

Merlin moaned and clutched onto Arthur's beautiful hair as Arthur trailed kisses down Merlin's collar.

Arthur slid his hand onto Merlin's crotch and teased him by sliding his thumb along the bottom of Merlin's stomach, on the line of his trousers.

Arthur placed his hand on Merlin's right cheek. Merlin felt a little sheepish so cleared his throat and slumped onto the sofa. They didn't feel quite comfortable doing that in this new world.

"What is that big box thing on the wall?" Arthur asked.

"It's called a television. Apparently you press this button-" Merlin said, and as he pressed it the TV switched on.

"It's magic, it must be." Arthur scowled.

Merlin huffed and scratched his head. Something about this new age was odd, but it certainly wasn't magic which caused it.

-