Chapter Twenty Four•

After a few tests and confused staff running around; the doctors finally let Arthur and Merlin go.

Arriving home was the best part, falling asleep and then waking up in their home land again seemed perfect- or at least that's how they thought it would plan out as they hadn't already gone back...

As they opened the door, they saw a very happy and lively Giuas and the old man they know as the great dragon.

Merlin and Arthur folded their arms and stood in silence waiting for an explanation.

"Merlin. Sire. I'm so glad you're both back." Giuas smiled; he pulled Merlin into a hug.

Their eyes focused on the great dragon. Merlin felt anger build up inside him, feelings of sadness and emptiness. He pictured losing Arthur. It was pain only he could imagine. Goosebumps pricked on his arms as he wanted to lash out and throw him across the room. But he couldn't, he was a dragon lord.

Arthur stepped in breaking the silence.

"I almost died today. The next king of Camelot. Because of this world."

"But you didn't. Merlin saved you."

"Yes. I've learned to accept his magic fully. Why did you take us here?"

"Because. I wanted to give you both a choice. To live here for as long as you please, grow old, then rerun home as your usual age and live that life. Of course, you'll still be in love, but I wanted you both to have a chance at loving who you love in an accepting world."

Merlin and Arthur looked at each other. Did they want this? To live almost until death and then return as young adults like nothing ever happened?

Arthur agreed before Merlin could speak.

"If you accept. You won't see anyone you know, including Giuas, he'll have to go back to his frozen state and even me. Though, your mother and father who passed previously also live in this world. It's up to you."

Merlin and Arthur agreed. But Merlin looked at Giuas.

"Giuas. I can't leave you-I."

"Merlin. You're like a son to me. Live, you deserve to love. I'll be there waiting for your annoyance when you return." Giuas laughed. He hugged his dear friend and said goodbye.

"When you wish to return, throw this orb to the ground and say 'Camelot.'" The great dragon said. Both of them disappeared.

-

Merlin and Arthur looked at each other.

"Wow. A life time in a more developed world is going to feel so wrong when we return and have to do everything manually again." Merlin smirked.

Arthur didn't care, he pulled Merlin close to him, their waists were in sync. He pressed his lips against Merlin's and removed a strand of Merlin's hair from his face as he looked him in the eyes.

They kissed once more and then decided they wanted to go for a meal later on that night.

"Show me some magic, Merlin." Arthur smiled, lying on the sofa.

Merlin sat beside him. He wanted it to be something magical. He looked around the room and said an incantation towards the sink. A horse built of water appeared and began prancing around the room. Arthur watched in fascination.

"I always used my magic to protect you."

Arthur furrowed his brows.

"Merlin. You may be my girlfriend but I don't need your protecting."

Merlin furrowed his brows. 'Girlfriend.'

He picked up the little box called an IPhone.

After reading through the book about how it worked they finally dialled a food delivery place, Dominos. They didn't know what it was but it looked delicious when they walked past a huge advertisement earlier.

When it delivered; Arthur and Merlin jumped with excitement. Merlin had just put on a Disney cartoon called sword in the stone. Arthur was crying with laughter as history portrayed Merlin with a long beard and a pointy wizard hat.

Merlin sulked.

"You're an old man and I'm a young boy in this. How strange." Arthur chuckled.

Merlin furrowed his brows and took a dollop of garlic and herb dip.

"I can't believe this- it's just wrong. We're the same age and how do they know about us?" Merlin said, folding his arms with his mouthful.

"You can't expect them to get everything right Merlin. At least we know we go down in history." Arthur smirked.

"Of course you would, you're going to be the best king any kingdom can have." Merlin smiled.

"Merlin. You're on this film with magic. Maybe it doesn't have to be a secret for long." Arthur smiled.

Merlin smiled back.

"Since we're going to be stuck here for a while, I'm going to learn to drive. Can't be harder than riding a horse right." Arthur laughed.

Merlin rolled his eyes, of course it would be.

-