Chapter Twenty Five•

"I passed!" Arthur sang; walking through the front door with a smile on his face.

"I knew you'd do it." Merlin smirked.

"No you didn't. You had no faith in me what so ever. Oh. And it's nothing like riding a horse Merlin."

Merlin sniggered and stuffed his face full of chocolate.

Arthur shook his head and plonked down onto the sofa; he flicked on the TV.

"I wish I could marry you Merlin." Arthur smiled. He wanted to see what Merlin's reaction would be.

"Are you drunk, Arthur?" Merlin choked. He patted his chest and swallowed what he had in his mouth before taking a seat beside Arthur.

"No. Why would you think that."

Merlin rolled his eyes and kissed Arthur's cheek.

Arthur furrowed his brows and smirked.

"I'm going to visit my dad." Merlin smiled. He grabbed his leather satchel and waved as he closed the door behind him.

Arthur smiled. Living in this world, even if it was for time until they had to return was too good to be true. Merlin and Arthur could do anything they pleased; almost. They hated that there was still a few rude people dotted around. But they felt as if they could finally breathe.

One of the best things about it; was being able to visit their deceased mother and father who were no longer around in the other world.

As soon as Giuas and The Great Dragon disappeared, their parents recognised them. It was strange, but wonderful.

-

Now was the time. Merlin had finally left.

Arthur flipped out their Apple Mac laptop and typed, 'how to get married in a modern day age.'

He didn't know anything of marriage in this day so needed a little help. It wasn't like he could ask the Killigarah either as he was frozen in Camelot for years to come.

"Finally, something that can help."Arthur smiled as he clicked on a link which described exactly what he wanted.

"You don't have to get married in a church? What nonsense."

He carried on scrolling through places to get married and stopped at a landsite which looked like an old castle. The back garden was huge, cut out bushes of horses and other animals; roses grew wildly everywhere. Red, yellow, pink and white. Arthur could almost smell the fresh wildlife. It was perfect.

Arthur placed the deposit and paid for the hotel with his bank card and smiled as Merlin eventually came home.

"That was fast." Arthur smiled.

Merlin furrowed his brows and huffed.

"I was gone like three hours?" Merlin smirked sarcastically.

"Oh." Arthur laughed. Time had flew by.

Tomorrow Arthur would go suit shopping with his mother.

"Merlin. I'm going up for a shower, I should be done within a couple of minutes. Wait for me?"

Merlin smiled and slouched on the sofa. He played with his thumbs and sighed. A couple of times he thought about joining Arthur but he was so nervous. Worried in fact. That he wouldn't be good enough. The last time they did it, they had to brake up so he could be with Mary.

He huffed and stood up; for a few minutes he paced back and forth in the living room. He was going up.

Merlin slowly walked up the stairs, breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. This was awkward, he didn't really know what to do.

Merlin took a deep breath and let himself into the bathroom.

The room was steamy and tense. Merlin tried to calm his heart rate down but it just increased within every step closer to the shower curtain.

Arthur knew Merlin was there, he waited patiently without a word. Even Arthur was feeling nervous at this point. But he was dominant, he couldn't show signs of weakness, he was in charge, he was in control, he needed to show Merlin there was nothing to be afraid of.

Merlin undressed himself and pulled back the shower curtain to let himself in.

Arthur turned his head and smiled when he saw Merlin. Arthur placed his hands on Merlin's face and looked into his eyes. "It's okay Merlin. I'll be gentle."

Merlin closed his eyes and waited for Arthur's touch. Arthur turned Merlin around and placed his hands on the cold tile walls. He slid his hands down Merlin's thighs and back towards his waist. Merlin let out a few innocent breaths within each touch.

"Faster Arthur." Merlin exclaimed as he tried to grip the wall. There was nothing to grab so he bit into his bottom lip leading it to bleed a little.

Arthur moaned as he came and turned Merlin around. He furrowed his brows an grazed his hand across Merlin's face. Arthur slid his thumb across Merlin's lip to remove the blood. He leant in and kissed Merlin softly.

"Let's go watch another film?" Arthur suggested.

Merlin smiled and inter-winged his fingers with Arthur's hand. Arthur and Merlin climbed into bed; the warm, fluffy sheets was enough to make them cuddle up together.

All Arthur could think about was sliding the ring on Merlin's finger tomorrow afternoon.

"Merlin, tomorrow afternoon, around 7:00pm, be here. Alone. I want to show you something."

Merlin smiled and agreed. He pressed his cold lips up against Arthur's and Arthur pulled the covers up and Merlin closer.

"You're freezing Merlin. You feeling okay?"

Merlin shuddered and nodded. He began to fall asleep on Arthur's warm chest. Arthur frowned and switched on the TV, a low volume but just enough for him to hear whilst Merlin slept.

"A cold virus is spreading across the world as winter approaches, be aware for symptoms such as a high or low temp, sneezing, coughing or phlegm. It's not anything to worry about but people everywhere are complaining about being ill. What has the winter got in store for us this time?"

Arthur looked down at Merlin who was asleep. Merlin must've been coming down with a cold virus. Arthur rubbed Merlin's arm and held onto his hand, which was also like ice.

"Don't worry Merlin. Tomorrow will make you feel better. I promise." Arthur smiled. He turned off the lamp and settled down to go to sleep.

-