PROLOGUE

"...but don't you think that was like crazy rude?!" My teeth ground together as Yamada's piercing voice travelled through my ear canal, rattling my brain. 
"Well, no offense, man...but a pistol shrimp does kinda sum your volume level up pretty damn well…" Shirakumo snickered, dodging a slap that nearly struck me instead. It was the usual. The three of us on our way home from Yuuei, my poor, defenseless self stuck between the two most obnoxious boys of class 2-A. 

My head hurts...I'm tired...Pretty sure my hair smells like kitty litter… 

Each step I took got me closer to home, where I could curl up in my bed and forget about the outside world. I knew I only had a short amount of time to enjoy such a liberty, so I was going to make the absolute most of it. At least that was what I had hoped before Yamada stuck his arm out in front of me. 
"Yo, you hear that?" He asked in a surprisingly low voice. 
"How could I hear anything over your screeching?" I grumbled, ready to move his arm and keep going. That was until I heard it too. 

The clanging of metal. 

"C'mon!" Shirakumo grabbed the two of us by the sleeves and started off in a sprint, his fluffy hair wisping about atop his head. The sound had come from around the side of a rather extravagant looking house, and I rolled my eyes. 
"It was probably a trash can being knocked over. We can't just barge into someone's property…" 

"As heroes in training it's our duty to check it out! Get with the program, Shota!" Yamada scolded me half-heartedly, having grabbed hold of my other sleeve. My legs just didn't want to move so fast, but I made myself keep up with them, just so I wouldn't be nagged for it later on. The gate was open, so we rushed through it, swerving towards the gap between the house and the fence. Once we rounded the corner, I ate my words. 

A tall, tank of a man stood with his arms raised, his back to us. Even if we hadn't seen him from behind, he looked threatening. On the ground, only a foot or so in front of him, cowered a girl, not much younger than us. Her hands and loose (H/C) hair covered her face, and the tipped trash can was leaning against her body. 
"Hey, leave her alone!' As usual, Shirakumo acted first, using his quirk to form a rather large, dense cloud, pushing it straight towards the assailant. 

Using those few moments, I threw my bag off, quickly tearing it open and yanking out my brand new capture weapon. Coiling it around my neck like a scarf, I sent it out in chase of the cloud. It reached the man only seconds after he had been hit in the back, catching him before he toppled forward and crushed the poor girl. 

"Hey, you okay, girly?!" Yamada raced over to the victim, his loud voice likely startling her more. Sniffling, she nodded, allowing him to help her to her feet. She kept her head hung low, the (H/C) flow of her hair covering her face. 
"I..I'm fine...Thank you so much…" There was something strange about the way she spoke. There wasn't any real wavering or fear. It was forced. 

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Our cloudy companion approached quickly, his hands hovering over her smaller form. "We can take you to the hospital to get checked over if he touched you." The girl shook her head, clutching her chest loosely. 
"No...He just pushed me back...that's all. He was really mean…" 

Wait a minute…

I glanced over to the man I had subdued, eyes narrowing as I realised his pose hadn't changed at all. Face up, wasn't even blinking. Was he even breathing? Next, I turned my attention back to the young woman. Barefoot, unkempt, kind of dirty. Lastly, I studied the house. It was pretty damn big, and looked brand spanking new. Somebody wealthy lived here. 

"This isn't logical…" I announced, a little louder than I usually would have. The two boys tilted their heads, both seeming completely oblivious. 
"What are you on about? We just stopped an assault on a minor, what's illogical about that..?" Shirakumo scoffed, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You can be such a sourpuss, Sho!" Yamada nodded in agreement, smirking at me with such cheesiness I could have become lactose intolerant right then and there. 
"What? You jealous that we got to chat to this pretty girl before you?~"