TWO - Lunch

"Seriously, are you feeling alright, my dude? You never go anywhere on a day off...let alone invite me along with you!" I was already regretting my decision to bring Yamada along with me, but I knew it was the right thing to do. I hadn't told him about my encounter with (Y/N) the night before, so he was grinding my patience into paste.

"Do you remember that girl we used to-"
"HOW COULD I FORGET (Y/N)?!" The whole diner turned to glare at the two of us after Yamada's uncontrolled shout, and I sank lower into my seat. "Whoops...Yeah, I remember her. How could I not? She was wicked cool!" My fingers tapped against the tabletop as I nodded in vague agreement, my eyes glancing to the clock above the register, which read 2:06.

She's late...

"I caught her last night when I was on patrol." Sensing he was about to yell again, I activated my quirk, lowering his volume.
"For real?! You didn't seriously arrest her, did you?!" The blond leaned across from his seat and I blinked, using the first knuckle of my thumb to rub at my eyes.
"No, I let her go." I explained quietly. "I don't know why, but I did."

She isn't going to show up...

The waitress brought our orders over, including a third lot, complete with a giant western style burger, cheesy fries and a tall, frothy milkshake.
"You pregnant or something..?" Even Yamada irked at the choice of food, and I rolled my eyes into the back of my head.
"Idiot. No, what I was getting at was-"
"Sorry I'm late! I, uh, took a wrong turn..." The pair of us looked up, seeing a smiling young woman, (H/C) hair swept to the side, partially covering a white blindfold.

"Oh oh oh! You got a girlfriend?!" The vocal hero slammed the table as he laughed, and I was incredibly close to just sliding beneath the table and disappearing completely. The woman tilted her head towards the sound, and her smile grew.
"Hizashi! I'd say long time no hear, but I listen to your show every Friday night! You always play some snazzy tunes, my dude!"

I watched my companion staring at her from above the frames of his shades, the cogs ticking away in his brain until everything clicked into place.
"(Y/N)!" I had to hold the table steady as he jumped to his feet, sweeping the blinded girl up into a tight hug, which had her legs dangling off the ground almost comically. "Where the hell did you run off to?! It's been years, chicka!"

"I uh, caught the attention of some people I didn't really like the look of, so I took a little trip...that turned into a long trip..." She chuckled, patting his back before he put her down. "I smell a heart attack on a plate. I'm famished!" I watched (Y/N) closely as she moved closer to the table, and I noticed that she used her feet to gain her bearings. Once the toes of her boot tapped the side of the wooden booth, she bent her legs, carefully sliding in next to me until our knees touched.

"I'm surprised you showed up." I announced, nudging her hand towards the plate when I noticed it veering towards the salt shaker.
"Honestly, so am I. Glad I did, though! Two of my favourite boys coming to see little ol' me? I'm all gooey inside!" The sound the burger made as she bit into it was almost nauseating, and I immediately lost my appetite, but there was still something so fascinating about watching her eat. It was like she hadn't had a full meal in a while.

"Shota didn't even tell me! Surprised me real good!" Yamada chuckled, digging into his own, slightly smaller burger. "Does this mean you'll be sticking around?" (Y/N)'s chewing slowed down as she pondered the question, and she lowered the burger so it was slightly touching the plate.
"I haven't really made up my mind yet. I mean, there's not much for me here. Still trying to find that one place out there that can get me on my feet."

Yamada and I exchanged a glance, and I could tell exactly what he was thinking. The way his lips pursed, and how his head bobbed slightly in her direction, it was obvious that he wanted to help her. I felt the same, deep down, but adding another big responsibility to our plates?
"Well, you've got moves, and spunk...Why not be a hero?" The blond suggested, and I leaned back into my seat, watching closely to gauge her reaction.