TEN: Assistance

"If you ask me if I need your help to go to the bathroom one more time, I'm calling the special victims unit..."

Even with most of his person covered, Aizawa looked grumpier than ever. Having been away from him for a few days, I seemed to have stored up a little too much of my annoying energy, and he was really copping it.

"I mean, that offer's still on the table, but I was actually gonna ask if you needed any help changing the bandages? I noticed you didn't stop by RG's office before we left." I pointed out, laying upon my stomach on the floor with both cats curled up either side of me.

He went to tell me to shut up again, I was sure of it, but he ended up pausing, figure deflating.
"Actually, yes, I probably do..." Of course he didn't sound thrilled about it, but at least he wasn't going to pick pride over his health.
"Alrighty then, I'll grab the supplies." Grunting, I climbed to my feet, Sashimi flopping over onto her side once my back wasn't there to support her.

"Just the top half. I'm not letting you go any lower after so much talk about my crotch..." The ravonet grumbled, giving me the stink eye as I returned with what we needed. The fact that he had so much medical supplies on hand was kind of sad, but being a hero I supposed he needed it. "You still have a bit of a limp."

Humming, I perched myself on the edge of the coffee table, just off to his side, pulling out fresh gauze pads.
"Yeah, that Norman or Nemo, or whatever thing turned me into a glowstick." I chuckled, my tongue poking out from between my lips as I tried to open the childproof cap of the disinfectant. After no response, I glanced back over to him through my amber lenses, finding him, likely, scowling. "What?"

Breaking eye contact, Aizawa slowly shook his head, disappointment apparent.
"You could have died, yet you're joking about it. You're so irresponsible..." He muttered, and normally I would have nipped back with something I found funny, but this time I couldn't. We both knew why it wasn't something to jest about.

"Sorry...I just use humour as a coping mechanism, because, as you're already well aware, I'm an idiot." My tone softened and lowered, and I got back to my feet, carefully taking the hem of his shirt in each hand. "Raise your arms a little."

As he did what he was told, Aizawa released another sigh, and I carefully pulled the casual shirt Yamada had helped him into before coming home up and over his head.
"I guess you're not a total idiot. You wouldn't have lived this long if you were." He mumbled, lowering his arms again as I folded the shirt. "Even so, I don't want you rushing in like that again. Before you say I did too, remember that I'm an experienced professional."

Leaning over him, I popped my lips repeatedly as I searched for the end of one of the bandages, humming to myself once I finally found it and began the unravelling process.
"Sorry, but if you, Hizashi, or any of those little crotch goblins are in danger, nothing's gonna stop me. It's not like I haven't had my ass beat before, anyway. Only difference was that it wasn't a giant beefcake of a bird with an exterior brain."

For a while, neither of us spoke after that. It wasn't until I had removed the bandages covering his torso that he piped up.
"Don't take this the wrong way, but I just don't want to lose you." I had to pause and really think about what he had said, leaning back with my arms full of old bandages and lifting a brow.

"Uh, how could I take that the wrong way? It's pretty simple. You care about me." As I continued to reverse his exterior mummification, Aizawa clicked his tongue, wincing as one of the wraps caught in his hair.
"I can tell you've already taken it in the wrong way. It's purely nostalgic care, if it could even be called that..."

We got a tough guy over here, huh?

Sighing, I finally managed to get them all off, not wanting to focus on the deep, dark bruises and cuts all over his skin.
"Y'know, it's not illogical to care about people, Sho. I care about you. I care about Hizashi, too. Not just because we have history, but because you guys were, and still are, the only real friends I've ever had. You care a lot more than you admit, I know that, dummy."