THREE - Proposal

***(Y/N) POV***

"He's a what now?"

Yamada chuckled as he guided me through the Yuuei halls, our arms hooked together as though we were two tweenage girls at the mall.
"A rat, dog, bear thing. I'm not even sure, really...Yo, Shota! What even is Nezu, anyway?" He called out ahead, where I presumed the stoic ravonet was leading the way.
"I couldn't care less."

Dude, lighten up...

I was nervous, to say the least. The prestigious school was usually swarming with heroes, and I wasn't one of them. The opposite, really. I was just waiting for cuffs to be slapped on. Sure, I trusted the two men who were putting their necks out for me, but paranoia was unavoidable.

"Okay, just play it cool! He's a nice guy!" Yamada pulled me forward a little faster, and I felt my shoulder bump against a door frame.
"So, this is the young woman you mentioned on the phone, Eraser?" A slightly squeaky voice piped up, growing closer as the stranger spoke to us. "A pleasure to meet you! You may call me Nezu. I am the principal here at Yuuei!" I bowed a little, hopefully in the right direction, and clung to Yamada's arm a bit tighter.

"Nice to meet you. You may call me (Y/N). Sorry if I'm intruding." I responded, trying to keep my nerves at bay. It wasn't often that I became nervous, but I was completely out of my element here.
"Not at all, not at all! Any friend of my staff is a friend of mine! Would you like some tea? I also have some shortbread if you're peckish?" Finding some of my lost courage, I released Yamada's arm and followed the voice, sitting down once my toes tapped against wood. "My, you're certainly good at moving around without your sight! May I ask why you're blindfolded?"

Here we go. Time to expose my bitch-ass self...

"I kind of don't have a choice when I'm around other people. My quirk can't be shut off." I explained vaguely, crossing my legs. "Oh, and I'll pass on the tea, thanks..." Hearing the trickle of liquid from across the desk made my bladder scream inside me, but I ignored it.
"I see. If you don't mind me prying, could you tell me more about this quirk of yours?"

Dammit, Shota...Couldn't you have just told him on the phone?

Somebody sat to the left of me, and I felt a pressure added to my backrest, telling me that somebody; likely Aizawa due to the faint scent of aniseed, was leaning against it.
"Alright, well...I guess you could say I'm like Medusa, from greek mythology. When somebody looks into my eyes, they basically turn to stone..." I began, leaning back so I was pressing against Aizawa's fingers. "They don't, like, turn grey or whatever...It's more like...cryogenic freezing? I dunno, it's hard to explain..." I was struggling. I hated talking about my stupid quirk.

"From experience, I can say that it's like you've been solidified from the inside out. Perfect preservation, without any physical changes, besides being unable to move, speak...even breathe. It seems to defy all logic." Aizawa took over, and I silently thanked him. "If memory serves me correct, the longer (Y/N) looks at a person, the longer they stay like that." The apparent rat, bear, dog, thing hummed, followed by an obnoxious slurping sound.
"How remarkable!"

Wait, what the fuck?

"I believe I've heard rumours about you floating around the hero network, Miss (Y/N)! I wouldn't say it's a positive reputation, but a reputation nonetheless." Sucking my lips into my mouth, I waited, knowing exactly what he was going to continue with. "As heroes, it would be our duty to detain you..."

Knew it...

"With all due respect, Sir...we both believe (Y/N) to be a special case. She will not be taken into custody." Aizawa's voice was almost threatening, and he pulled one of his hands out from behind my back to place it upon my shoulder.
"I know the three of you share some kind of childhood bond, but that is no excuse to break the law." Nezu spoke clearly and surely, and I regretted my decision to come. "Though, I do agree that she is a special case..."