FIVE: Show & Tell

"This is stupid. Why do I have to sit with the kids?" I grumbled in complaint, rhythmically tapping my nails against the desk I was seated at in the back of the classroom.
"Because you're annoying and I said so." Aizawa snapped back, already beyond sick of my whining. I couldn't blame him, as I had started from the moment he had woken me up that morning. The only time I hadn't been bitching was when I had been introduced to Midnight, who I had instantly taken a liking to after having heard so much about her in the past.

"The uniform is stiff. I feel like I'm wearing plastic." There wasn't a huge difference between the regular uniform and my own. The greyish base colour was the same, but instead of the deep green skirt and accents, mine were maroon. "Why the colour, too? I'm gonna stick out like a chilly nipple, Shota." Even though I was so far away I could still hear his teeth grinding.
"From the second we step into the school grounds you are to refer to me as Mr. Aizawa, or Eraserhead, if you must. Got that?"

Adjusting my blindfold I huffed, leaning back in my chair and saluting him mechanically.
"Yes, Mr. Aizawa Head, Sir!" Before he could lose his actual shit, I heard the door open, and several pairs of shoes clomping against the ground.
"Good morning, Sir!" A loud, formal voice greeted the scruffy bastard, followed by a sudden halt in noise. "Mr. Aizawa, do we have a new student joining our class?"

He sounds like he has a pole wedged up his ass...

"I thought classes were capped at twenty?" A more feminine voice added, but I just sat there, leaving Aizawa to answer the questions.
"I'll explain that thing when everybody is here and seated. Move it." The ravonette mumbled, and I narrowed my covered eyes spitefully.

That thing..?

Sinking in my chair, I spent my time sulking as the rest of the students flowed in, each one of them with a question regarding my presence.
"Alright, now that you're all accounted for...Yes, we have a new addition to the class. She isn't a regular student, but she shall be sitting in on most of your classes, as well as joining in with practical lessons." Aizawa drawled, tapping his foot against the floor. "She shall now introduce herself."

Ah fuck.

I could feel so many eyes on me as I uncrossed my arms, standing up and rocking back and forth on my heels.
"Uh, hey? I'm (Y/N), and your teacher is keeping me in his basement against my will." The small round of snickers fuelled my pride, but Aizawa's sharp cough made me flinch.
"Don't be an idiot." He warned, and I stuck my tongue out in the general direction of his voice.

"Fine. I'm (Y/N), and your head gerbil dude gave me the choice of coming here or rotting in prison." I explained, a finger scratching at one of the pleats in my skirt.
"P..prison..?" One of the students stammered out, the sudden sound of pencil against paper coming to my attention. "Why prison?"

Ugh, Shota, you had to put me on the spot, didn't you?

Nodding, I kept my eyes forward, the fluorescent glow of the lighting slightly passing through my blindfold.
"Ratbag drafted me for his new pet project. I'm kind of a criminal, so he's started some dinky little rehabilitation program to boost his own ego." I enlightened them, and the whole class erupted into murmured chatter. Suddenly that scribbling sound began much more aggressive, and I irked.

"Like, a real villain?!" Someone shouted their question, their chair legs scraping slightly. "What did you do?!" Snorting, I ran a hand through my (H/C) hair, blowing a raspberry into the general direction of the question.
"Criminal, not villain, kid. I was nothing more than a petty thief...or borrower, as I like to call it."

I could be stuffing my face with (F/Snack) right now back at my apartment...

It was beyond awkward, but I wasn't exactly nervous. I could understand that they were curious, but I felt a little objectified.
"What's with the wrap over your eyes? You blind?" The person's question was followed by a loud thump and a whine.
"Kaminari, you can't just ask that!" It had only been a matter of time before that query was put forward, but it didn't make me any more eager. Reaching up, I brushed the tips of my fingers against the freshly washed material, pondering.