NINE: Back in Action

The weekend passed by slower than I could have ever imagined. Yamada wouldn't take me to see Aizawa, insisting that our presence would bother him and hinder his recovery process, but I could tell he felt the same way I did.

After tying a string to my new glasses to keep them in place, I was rather enjoying being able to walk around without the crippling fear of having my quirk ruin somebody's day. I could make natural eye contact for the first time in forever, and I quickly discovered that it made me incredibly anxious.

"Miss (Y/N)! Are you okay?!" My little monkey man was the first to approach me when I entered the classroom Monday morning, his head down and tail standing to attention. "W..we weren't told anything other than that you were being treated in hospital, so I...we...were really worried!"

Can I legally adopt a kid who still has parents? Boy, I hope so.

Obviously Ojiro hadn't noticed I was looking right at him, but that was fine. I wasn't going to bring attention to it.
"You're such a sweetheart, Tails! I'm pretty much back in tip top shape! Well, my wrist is better, thanks to RG, but my ankle is still a little crunchy." I laughed, reaching out to scruff up his blond hair.

Scanning my eyes around the room, I met bright, curious brown, and there was a long pause before the anti-gravity girl leapt to her feet, her desk nearly toppling over.
"Y..you're looking at me!" She squeaked in realisation, and that was that. I had a bit too much attention now.

"Wait, your glasses..? Did you get a support item made..?" Ojiro perked up beneath my hand, and I looked directly at him, smiling, though a little nervous as people began to hover.
"I guess I did, huh? Shota had them ready for me, and they really work. Just gotta be careful not to bump them off...Hizashi kinda copped that a lot the last few days..."

My heart nearly shot out of my asshole when the bespectacled robot boy popped up beside me, his hand chopping invisible blocks.
"I apologise for asking a question that is not quite my business, Ms. (Y/N), but do you know how Mr. Aizawa is?!"

Taking a step back, his stiff movements making me feel a little too uncomfortable, I shrugged my shoulders, looking back at him.
"I saw him before I was discharged, and he was doing a lot better than the doctors expected. I'd still say that he'll be out of commission for at least another few we-"

"Everybody sit down. Class has already started." My neck was lucky not to be broken with the speed I whipped around, and my jaw dropped when I saw the man in question standing in doorway, looking like he had just crawled out of an ancient crypt.

"Mr. Aizawa?!"

"You're back already?!"

"So many bandages!"

"I'm glad to see you're alright, Sir!"

Aizawa brushed off the comments with a slight nod, but when he looked to me, his gaze, from his one visible eye, softened.
"I thought I told you all to sit down." Instead of following his basic command, I rushed over to him, stuck in an awkward flutter as I tried to choose whether to embrace him or not.
"You're legally not allowed to get hurt like this ever again, y'hear me, Shota?! I forbid it!"

I was the only person in the class still standing, and Aizawa shuffled past me without so much as a blink directed at me.
"I have an announcement, so once everybody is where they're supposed to be, I'll continue."

You could just say my damn name, you coward...

Slouching, I slunk over to my designated seat, making a dramatic show about it. Once I was in place, the ravonet cleared his throat.
"The annual Yuuei Sport Festival." I personally had no idea what he was on about, but the rest of the class erupted into loud gasps and chatter.