CHAPTER NINE: A BAD FEELING

"Kory, no!" I yell, trying to push her off Rachel but she doesn't even flinch. I kick her on the back of the leg as Gar pushes Rachel into a corner.

The green eyed woman looks at me and blocks the punch I throw at her before getting a hold of my throat and throwing me against the other side of the room. My back hits the wall and I hear glass shattering. A hum on my head follows the pain as I feel something soak my hair.

I look up when I hear Dick's voice, who falls back under Gar's body when she throws him off. A pretty brunette walks in and hooks a whip around Kory's neck. But when it lights up, making her snap out of it I know it's not a whip, it's something way worse.

Kory grabs it and pulls towards her making the unknown brunette do a somersault, winning territory. With a strong pull, she sends Kory flying towards her and pins her against the floor, leaving her unconscious.

Getting up from the floor, I bring my hand to the back of my hair. When my fingers get wet I hiss softly in pain. The shattered glass on the floor had cut me. It had to be shallow, the cut didn't hurt much, but deep enough to have it bleed.

"What happened?" Dick asks, helping Gar up. His eyes search for mine but drop down to my hand when he sees the scarlet red stain on them. In less than a second the brunette man stands before me, eyes scanning my body searching for the injury. "What happened to you?"

"Kory threw me against a mirror. It's my head that's bleeding."

"Shit." He whispers, moving my head softly so he can look at it but I stop him, pushing my backwards slightly.

"I've had worse. I'm not even getting dizzy, no need to worry."

"She tried to kill my daughter." Angela says, Rachel on her arms as she steps closer to us.

"I was just trying to help Kory get her memories back. I must have done something wrong."

"I said it was a bad idea, but does anyone ever listen to me?"

"None of this is your fault." The oldest woman says comforting her daughter and making me internally roll her eyes.

"The lasso. You are her, aren't you?"

"I'm an old friend of Dick's." the pretty brunette answers the boy, her eyes still on the knocked out beauty.

"You're Wonder Girl."

"Jesus, give me a break." I mutter, closing my eyes and leaning my head against Dick's shoulder, his arm moving to rest around my waist. The boy chuckles silently but I fail to find what' so funny about this. Why couldn't he have normal friends?

It's Kory's groan that makes me pull away and walk pass them. I crunch down, helping her to get up. When her big eyes meet cross mine I realize she doesn't remember what she just did. Kory didn't remember attempting to kill the girl she had –for weeks- cared for.

"What's going on?"

"You tried to kill Rachel."

"What? No, I would never do that."

"We know." I tell her, grabbing her arm when Angela moves Rachel away from Kory.

"I want this woman out of my house."

"Just hold on a sec-"

"Now, God damn it."

"Hey lady, she's been fighting and caring for your daughter's safety for way longer than you've known Rachel. You should calm down." I snap, defending the magenta haired woman next to me.

"Rachel... I'm so sorry." Kory pleads truthfully but the teenager girl doesn't say anything. Her face showing she was both a little scarred but mostly still in a shock state to talk to her. "I have to go."