* SNEAK PEAK CHAPTER TEN *

A/N: this is a little sneak peak on the last chapter of Lost. I'm writing it but i'm back in college so i don't have that much time (also i've been dealing with some stuff but don't worry. hope you like it and i'll upload it as soon as i finish writing it. It's around 1.5k for now but it's not even a third of what i need to put in there :)

SNEAK PEAK OF CHAPTER TEN: THIS COULD BE THE END

Kissing Buttercup goodbye I close the door behind me ready to go for a run. I liked running around New York just because it did remind me of Gotham, a bit cleaner though. But the same street noise, same people being miserable and trying to make ends meet without much success. And even if New York's crime rate was actually pretty low, there were just so many possibilities.

I stop running when I feel my phone buzz. Taking a breath, I unplug the headphone, accepting the call.

"Selina, it's been a while."

"Well you know me, always busy. I woke up this morning and thought of calling. Just to check on Buttercup, ya know?"

"Buttercup, huh?" I chuckle, looking around the greenness of Central Park. "I'm alright, Selina."

"I know you are. You always are."

"It's funny you know, Anika used to avoid asking me how I felt, but always looked at me as if I were about to snap. But I've moved on, the anger is gone and the void is still there but I have you and her, and my cat. It's been good. Anika spent so much time looking over me as if she was waiting that at any given moment I'd break into the MoMa or climb the Empire State Building."

"Well, you can't tell me you haven't thought about it."

"Oh, I've thought about so many things. But that isn't my life anymore, 'Lina. I love Anika and I want to be happy. Here, with her. Away from Gotham and everything that is about to down." And that was true. Well, partially true. I did miss her, and miss the adrenaline from time to time. But I wouldn't have changed this new life here and we both knew it. "Talking about batshit crazy... what happened?"

"He snapped. The Joker killed his friend, paternal figure really. That's all it took for him to snap." I can hear the sadness and bitterness through the line. I look around, feeling uncomfortable under a glare. When I look at my left I see a tall blonde man looking over his book and at me. "Kitty Kat?"

"I'm here, sorry. Selina... are you safe? Do you think he'll start cleaning the street for real? Start killing the rogues?"

"There's no saying what he'll do. And the League is not sure either, they've been around here, everyone's a bit stressed. Gotham's a little crazier today."

"Maybe I should go, I can take a few days off work. Just to help you, seeing you over. Or you could come here. We have a spare room, Buttercup misses you, and Anika wouldn't mind the company. Juts... just lie low until this blows over."

"I'll be fine, sweetie. You don't have to worry about me."

"I'll always worry about you, Selina."

"I love you, Katherine." Her voice is honest and raw, and that scares me more than a thousand guns pointed at my head. It is also the first time she's said it first.

"I love you too, Selina. Be careful."

"Always, Kitty Kat. I'll bring flowers to his grave for you."

"Thanks."

With that the line went quiet and I let out a silent breath. Fixing my high ponytail and plugging the headphones in again, I stretch my legs. Discreetly, I look over my shoulder, my eyes meeting the blonde man's ice-like ones. He gives me a soft nod in acknowledgement and I narrow my eyes, a chill shaking me to my core but I ignore it and start running the way back to the apartment.