Shh

"You have to talk! You can't go through life without ever talking!"

He crossed his arms to show he was upset- no, not upset- mad! He was mad, mad at his mother. Plenty of people don't talk. He knows he's not the only mute kid in existence.

She sighed when he didn't reply. "I'm taking you to school tomorrow, you'll have to figure it out on your own. No 'interpreter' will always be next to you, you have to learn how to speak to people!" She explained.

He signed something to his mother.

"You know I don't understand you when you do that!" She snapped. "Go to bed! It's late!"

'You're right, no one understands me' Virgil signed as he walked down the hallway to his bedroom. He took off his hoodie and binder, gently folding them and placing them in his closet, the only part of his room that was unpacked from the move. The rest of his room was filled with boxes that were hard to walk around, especially in the dark-which was the way Virgil most often kept his room. 'Dark and dreary' his mother had described it.

He put on a sleeping shirt and made his way over to the bed, trying his best to avoid the boxes. He ran into a few of them but eventually made it there.

Virgil placed his clunky headphones on the bedside table and turned the volume all the way up. He liked to listen to music while he slept, specifically MCR, TØP, and P!ATD songs being most prevalent in his playlists.

A/N: Do you like this? Is this 'good'? Should I make this into an actual story?
-nonbinary slice of bread, Jared