Part Sixty-Eight

Betty's POV

I pushed Veronica down on the bed and hovered over her. I leaned down and kissed her roughly. I pulled away and started to kiss down to her neck. "Betty." She moaned breathlessly. "Yes?" I asked and continued to kiss her neck. "Is something wrong?" She asked. I stopped kissing her neck, pulling away from the hickey I was leaving and looked at her. "What?" I asked and got off of her. She sat up next to me. "Well, you immediately brought me up here when you walked in. Then, you kissed me like you've never kissed me before. I'm not complaining, but just wondering if something happened at Cheryl's party? Or?" She asked. I sighed and looked away from her. "Well, something did happen, but I don't want to talk about it." I said. She moved my head to look at her. "You can tell me." She said. I sighed. "Cheryl and Toni brought me into an empty room and we started talking. Then we started talking about our relationship. Which sounded normal at first. I mean, they're my friends so yeah." She nodded. "Well, the questions got weird. Like they were there when things happened." I said told and looked down. "So are you saying they weren't questions they were more of what has happened or something? Sorry I'm a little confused. Tell me this again. One more time." She said. I looked at her. "It's like they're watching us. They started asking questions, but it was like they already knew the answers. Like they were in the same room when it happened." I told her. "What was one of the questions?" She asked. I sighed. "I think they know what you did." I said quietly. "What I did?" "When you... uh, killed Archie." Her face face went blank and then she started to get nervous. "Do you think they told? How what they know?" I put my hands on her shoulders. "Okay, V, calm down. All they asked was what happened to her ex? And what happened to him? Then did he die or something?" I told her. She calmed down just a bit. "I'm sorry to bring it up." I told her. "No, I asked. I just thought it would have been something else." She said with a nervous laugh. "Oh, come on. Let's stop talking about this." I said and she nodded. "Wanna start where we left off or we could do that another time?" I asked. She immediately kissed me and pulled me over on top of her. I pulled away. "I think I have my answer." We giggled and kissed again. Roughly and lustfully. She put her hands up my shirt I pulled out of the kiss and took it off. I went back and kissed her again. Then, there was a loud knock at the front door. I pulled out of the kiss. "What the hell would somebody want at this time?" I asked. "I don't know, but we better see who it is?" I nodded and put my shirt on. We walked downstairs as there was another knock. "What do you want? I'm busy." I said as I opened the door. "Oh! Uh, hi Cheryl. What are you still doing here?" I asked. She had a huge smile on her face. "I have a surprise for you. Well, we all do." She said then revealed Toni, Kevin and Jughead. "Okay?" I questioned suspiciously. "What is it?" I asked. "It's sheriff Keller!" She said happily. "Huh?" I asked. I was pushed aside by Kevin's dad who started walking over to Veronica.  "Veronica Lodge, you are under arrest for the murder of Archie Andrews, and child predator." I felt my eyes fill up with tears as he walked with her outside and put her in the back of the cop car. Then, he drove off. I looked at Cheryl who was smiling. "This was all just an act, wasn't it? Damnit Cheryl! I actually trusted you. Maybe a but to much! I though you had actually changed form that!" The other three, who were watching as they drove away looked at me. "And you three, I can't believe you were apart of this! Jughead, how could you?" I asked crying now. "What's going on here?" We heard. All five of us looked to see who it was. It was my mom. "Mom?!" I asked. "What's going on?" She asked. "Why were there cops here?" "Well, let's just say someone got arrested!" Cheryl said and looked at me. "Oh, my God! Had that finally happened?" My mom asked. I put my hands into fists; which I have done in forever. I think Veronica was the one person keeping me sane. "Okay, come Betty. You're coming home." My mom said walking over to me. "No, I'm not! I'm staying here and away from everybody." I said. "No, you coming home. I'm your mother and your going to listen to what I say." I laughed at her joke. "Mother. Yeah, right. When was the last time you were a mother to me? Besides, I don't have to listen to you just because you're my mother. You never treated me like a daughter." I said. It was quiet. "I'm going back inside. Also, don't expect to see me at school for a while." I told them all. I walked back inside and shut the door and locked it. Yes, I was crying, but that wasn't even half of my tears. Once I reached the room I let it ALL out. It was non-stop tears for hours. How could five people keep up one act for so long? How long were they watching me? I can't believe they did this to me. I hate them! I hate everybody and everything!