Part Eighty-six

Betty's POV

I walked back inside the house. The tears, still in my eyes and some falling down my face. Cheryl and Toni walked downstairs.

"Betty, is that you?" I heard Cheryl ask. "Where have you been?" Toni asked. They looked at me. "Oh, my god!" Toni whispered. They both pulled me into a hug.

"What's wrong, Betty? What happened?" Cheryl asked. I pulled out of the hug and went to sit down on the couch.

"It was Archie Andrews. Veronica's ex fiancee." I told them.

"What did he say?" Toni asked.

"To tell Veronica congratulations." I said and lokked at Cheryl.

"Congratulations? For what?" She asked. I sighed.

"They're getting married." I said.

"Wait, what?" Cheryl asked, standing up. "Is he forcing her to do that?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe I was just a plan or a joke or something." I said.

"No, no, Betty, you weren't a joke. Veronica really loved you. I could see it in her eyes. We all could." Toni said looking up Cheryl.

"Absolutely," Cheryl said and sat back down next to me. "I saw it, even when I was being a bitch and wasn't thinking, but I saw it. I can still see the love you have for her in yours." She said. I nodded and layed my head on Cheryl's shoulder.

"Why don't you go lay down. Your thinking to much about Veronica." Toni said. I looked at her.

"Do you expect me to just stop thinking about Veronica?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Well, no I... I just thought some sleep would help you." She said. I sighed and nodded.

"I guess your right." I said. "It's nine anyways." I got up and walked up and went to bed.

Toni's POV

We watched as Betty went upto sleep. I looked at Cheryl.

"Really?" Cheryl asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Telling her to get her mind off Veronica, are you insane?" She asked. I sighed.

"I know, I know I shouldn't have said that." I said. It was quiet for a bit. "I have an idea." I said.

"Oh boy! What?" She said. I rolled my eyes. I stood up.

"Come with me." I said and walked out the front door. I got in the car and so did Cheryl.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"To Veronica's place. Maybe he's been there or something." I said. She nodded.

"Okay."

Once we got to Veronica's the door was wide open. Then, the Andrews dude walked out.

"Great! He's still here." I said.

"Wait, TT, what are you going to do to him?" Cheryl asked.

"I just want to have a friendly talk to him, Cher." I said.

"How friendly will this be?" She asked. I shrugged.

"That depends on how he decides to act and treat me." I said. She sighed worriedly. "Let's go, babe." I started walking over to him. "Excuse me!" I said. He turned around and saw me. He sighed.

"Yes? What do you want?" He asked.

"To talk. Do you have time?" I asked. He opened his mouth to say something, but I said something first. "Nevermind I don't care if you do or not." I said.

"Aren't you two friends with the girl who ruined Veronica?" He asked. I sighed quietly and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, we are. And we are here to talk about the relationship between the two." I said.

"Toni, what are you doing?" I heard Cheryl whisper to me.

"Be quiet, Cher." I muttered.

"Why do you want to talk about that?" He asked. I sighed a little. "Oh, please don't tell me you two agreed with them."

"Oh no!" I said. "We hated the fact that they were together."

"TT!" Cheryl whisper-yelled.

"Shhh! We always told her she'd get caught and things would got downhill from there. She just never listened to us." I told him.

"Oh, so you agree with me!?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yup! All we came here for was to see if she was actually gone and thank God she is! Where is she anyways? I just wanna see if shes as far away from Betty as possible." I said.

"She's back in New York with her parents. She's just gonna have to find a job there because she's not coming back here." He said really certain. I nodded and smiled.

"Good. We won't have to see her anymore." I looked back at the house. "So, what's gonna happen with the house? You gonna sell it?" I asked.

"Uhh, no, her parents wanted to keep it. I have no idea why, but I guess it's because its theirs. I have no clue." He said.

"Great. Well, I heard everything I wanted to hear. We'll just be going now." I said and grabbed Cheryl's hand and we got back in the car.

"What was that?" Cheryl asked.

"That, Blossom, was me getting our bestfriends lover back." I said.

"Nice work!" She said. I smiled and we drove home.