Part 5 | Master Of Deception

A/N: Above is a picture of how I imagine Eryn to be. With more electric blue eyes. It portrays her dynamic character. So yeah I guess,  this is how I think she should look, but you can always imagine her to look different!

Also do Not play the song until I say so. For effect people. I know I mentioned this in the other chapter also. But take my word for it and just do it. Sorry for the scrolling. 😐 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ignore the weird mistakes and enjoy!

Chapter 5 ⭐️ Eryn Wolf

Rustle.

I looked back with a frown on my face. I was sure someone had been following. I could feel their presence for the past three days that I had been riding out of Glester. Of course, I had passed it long ago, but once I had entered the forest at the border of the village I could feel someone or something trailing behind me. I ignored it for the first 6 times I heard it, then I went out of my camp to search for that thing. After that unsuccessful search, I couldn't hear anything, anything else. The thing probably noticed that I suspected something, and backed off. That was until I heard the rustle of leaves again.

I gripped my satchel. Why would someone stalk me for so long? I pulled my hood lower down my head. Wisps of my red hair billowed in front of my eyes. I blew them away, and rode a little faster trying to get away from the stalker. I could see a clearing ahead, the dark trees parted to show a distant road ahead. Ah finally! A road, and no more hard rocky soil. The ride from the past two days had been painful and hard. I had been so invigorated at the start, that I just wanted to put all that energy to use and ride like there was no tomorrow.

I was able to ration the few apples and bread that I had brought along with me. The first day had been hard, I would keep looking back thinking that Valexo was on the hunt to stop me from escaping again, before remembering that I had beaten him up. The sudden forces of fear at night had not been getting better. But it had only been about three days and two moons since I had taken my leave, three days since I had set on a new path. The two nights that I had been away, I had kept close watch over my camp and had barely got any sleep.

The swim I had taken just a few days ago had left my hair wet and sticky. And the rainy monsoon winds hadn't done nothing to help with my conditions. I could feel the heavy humidity in the air, the leaves still wet from the rain earlier in the day. I could smell the rain the air, at this rate, I would have to find shelter and soon. I rode harder, the back of my horse jumping harder.

My thighs were aching from gripping the sides of my horse Zevlin. I pitied Zev, he had been galloping for so Long now, without a water break, he was puffing so loudly. I hugged his Long mane, he deserved some rest, but not right now. We were almost there.

"Almost there Zev. Get me to the nearest nearest house, and I promise to let you rest for the entire night . Come on. Just a little further." I prodded. Zev responded by huffing louder. The road came closer as I rode harder. I blocked out out other noises as I felt small raindrops fall lightly on my shoulders. I rode forward, leaving the dark forest in the dust as I entered civilisation.

Street lamps lit the sides of the roads casting yellow light on the dark road. The clutter of Zev's hooves was the only sound that could be heard, indicating that I was alone. As I rode, small huts appeared on the sides of the roads. I was getting closer. I could hear music in the distance.

As I got closer to the village of Gyonid, I could see more and more little houses and people wandering around here and there. More street lanterns lit up the streets, as people and children in cloaks moved around, rushing to get things ready for the spirit fest, which was organised every year in the name of the spirit goddess Nemeahe.