Episode 1 - Chapter 1 part 1 - The long ride home [REWRITE]

A police officer is driving a police car down the road in the daytime.

"Oh, it's going to show this" Lee muttered to himself.
"What's going to happen?" Clementine asked.
"It's how I got injured and met you" Lee explained.
"That good, right?" Clementine asked.
"In a way" Lee muttered.

He adjusts the rearview mirror in his car to look at the passenger, Lee, who is handcuffed in the backseat.

Everyone, but Lee, Carley, Larry And Lilly gasped. "Fucking hell Lee! Where you ever going to get around to telling me this! You've got a little girl with you!" Kenny shouted angrily.
"I was going to. I was just going to leave it for a while" Lee replied. Kenny shook his head and turned his back to the screen.

Policeman: Well, I reckon you didn't do it, then.

"Do what?"  Katjaa asked.
"I killed a man before all this shit started" Lee quickly replied. That silenced everyone. Except for Clementine who muttered "Swear"

Lee: Why do you say that?

Policeman: Y'know, I've driven a buncha fellas down to this prison. Lord knows how many. Usually is 'bout now I get the "I didn't do it."

"Obviously" Larry muttered.

Lee: And what do you say?

Policeman: I say, "Yep, I know ya didn't."

Police Radio: We've got what looks like a 10-91E near Peachtree Exit of 285. All cars asked to keep on the lookout for a 91V in the area.

Lee looks at the rearview mirror.

Policeman: I followed your case a little bit, you being a Macon boy and all.

Lee: You're from Macon then.

"Me too!" Glenn exclaimed. Lee rolled his eyes fondly at this.

Policeman: Yep. Came up to Atlanta to be a city cop in the seventies. Always wanted to work a murder case, like that senatorial mess you got yourself mixed up in, with all due respect. A real shame, that is.

"So you killed a senator" Katjaa said. Lee just slowly nodded his head. "Well at least it wasn't for touching kids" Kenny said.

Lee looks out the window as another police car speeds past in the opposite direction with its sirens on.

Policeman: Hell, the whole family used to be regulars at your folks' drugstore right in downtown. Still there?

"Is that the drugstore we've based ourselves at?" Lily asked. "Yes" Lee replied.

Lee: Sure is.

Policeman: Good.

Police Radio: Be advised of medical personnel on route to Hartsfield, various 10's and 20's coming in.

Lee looks at the radio.

Lee: Any of that seem important to you?

Policeman: All of it, but that box never shuts up. Sit in this seat and pay too much attention and you'll drive yourself crazy.

Lee looks at the radio again.

Policeman: I got a nephew up at UGA, you teach there long?

Lee: Going on my sixth year.

Policeman: You meet your wife in Athens?

"Oh, bad call" Lilly muttered. She may still not trust Lee or his group but she still had her humanity inside of her.

Lee looks distressed and turns his face away, looking out the window.

Policeman: You wanna know how I see it?

Several more police cars pass by with their sirens on, along with a SWAT truck, all of them driving in the opposite direction.

"I think the city is being overrun with walkers" Kenny said. Everyone nodded. Maybe if Lee wasn't arrested he would still be in the city and would have died?

Lee: I got much choice?

He picked up on that.

Policeman: Sure don't.

The policeman opens his mouth, about to speak, but notices Lee glaring at him and stays silent for a few moments.

Policeman: Regardless, could be you just married the wrong woman.

Lee glared at the scene, not so happy to see it again. "He did not just say that!" Katjaa angrily said. All of Lee's friends felt anger towards the cop.

Lee opens his mouth to speak, but decides not to, grunting dismissively.

"You should have told that man to fuck off, Lee!" Kenny shouted. "Ken, there are kids here" Katjaa whispered. "Oh, sorry" Kenny whispered back.

Police Radio: Riot in progress. All officers available for incoming 217's. Rolling calls and dispatches to all locations.

A helicopter, two SWAT trucks, and several police cars pass by.

Everyone cringed and thought that there was now zombies eating everyone in the city.

Policeman: I'm driving this man once, h--he was the worst one. He wouldn't stop going on about how he didn't do it.

Nobody cared about this story, especially Lee because he had already heard it.

Policeman (continues): He was an older fella. Big, soft eyes behind a pair of smart folk glasses, and he's just wailing back there, says it wasn't him. Crying and snotting all over, right where you're sitting.

"Ew" Almost everyone said.

Police Radio: All officers are available for incoming 21--

The policeman turns off the radio.

"Keep your eyes on the road!" Doug shouted when the policeman turns while he is talking.

Policeman: Then before long he starts kicking the back of the seat, li--like a fussy baby on an airplane. And I tell him he's gotta stop, that's government property, and I'll be forced to zap him otherwise. So he stops, and having exhausted all his options, he starts crying out for his Mama. "Mama, it's all a big mistake! It wasn't me!"

"Seriously, he did that?" Lary laughed. Lee just shrugged because the cop never told him the full story.

Lee: Maybe he was innocent.

Policeman: Innocent?

Policeman: They caught the fucker red-handed! Stabbin' his wife, cutting her up as the boys came through the door! He sits in my car screaming bloody murder that it wasn't him! I think he actually believed it himself. It goes to show, people will up and go mad when they believe their life is over. Oh, I got another good one for ya. This one's a little bit less depressing and a bit more hilarious if I do say so.

The policeman turns as he is talking, looking away from the road as a zombie wanders right in front of the car.

This caused an outrage in the cinema. "Eyes on the road!"
"Watch out!"
"Turn around!"
"Look out!"

Lee: Oh, shit!

Policeman: This other time--

The car crashes into the person on the road, veering out of control, through the guard rail, and off the edge of the cliff.

The screen then goes black

"Lee!" Clementine shouted.
"It's okay Clem, I'm still here" Lee said and wrapped an arm around her. Clem nodded and sighed.
"I never knew this" Kenny whispered in shock of what he just saw.
"Well, let's watch the next part to see what happened next" Glenn suggested. The screen then turned on again.