Episode 1 - Chapter 4 part 2 - Shawn Or Duck

Hershel runs to retrieve his weapon, Katjaa leaves the house, and Lee runs toward the noise. The screaming continues, along with the growling of zombies.

The people who weren't present in the scene were shocked to say the least. The first thing they noticed was Shawn stuck underneath the tractor with a zombie clawing at him. There was a sinking feeling in Doug's chest due to what Lee had implied earlier. It was quite clear that Shawn was screwed but that didn't stop them from hoping that Shawn would turn out alright.

Lee reaches the fence, where Shawn's leg is trapped under the tractor driven by Duck. A zombie claws through the fence trying to reach Shawn, and Clementine stands nearby, looking on. Another zombie grabs Duck's leg and pulls him down, then grabs his shoulders as Duck holds onto the wheel to avoid being eaten. A second zombie begins to claw at Shawn. Both Duck and Shawn scream.

Shawn: My leg is stuck!

"Oh no! What are you gonna do?!" Glenn asked becoming hysterical at the uncomfortable danger that Shawn and Duck were in. Lee closed his eyes at Shawn's pleading for help on the screen. The man was glad Duck was able to survive. He just wished he could've also saved Shawn. Shawn was a good guy and should've had a long life. But since this outbreak, a lot of good people have died. It is too bad you can't save everyone.

Lee momentarily stands there doing nothing. Immediately after he decides to try and save Duck. Lee runs up to Duck and tries to pull him away from the zombie, but to no avail.

Duck: DON'T LET 'EM TAKE ME!

Katjaa pulled Duck into a hug when she heard his screams. To think that her son had almost died to those things was absolutely horrible. Duck means more to her than life itself. She does not know what she would do if she ever lost Duck or Kenny. She knows she would do something bad. But that won't ever happen, right?

Kenny is then shown running towards the tractor. He gets onto the tractor and struggles to pull Duck away from the zombie's grasp. Lee notices a board of wood on the ground. He picks up the board and smashes it over the zombies head, and it releases Duck, falling backwards. This allows Kenny to pull Duck away.

Kenny then scoops Duck into his arms.

Kenny: I got you!

Shawn: They're almost through!

Lee: Now Shawn!

Shawn: GET THIS TRACTOR OFF OF ME!

Kenny turns to Shawn, but then runs away to take Duck to safety.

Shawn: LEE, HELP ME! PLEASE!

Lee starts to run to help Shawn, but it is too late. The fence breaks and the zombies bite Shawn as he screams.

Kenny clenched his eyes shut and put his hands over his ears as he heard the sound of Shawn's screams. He didn't want to see the kid's death and Shawn's screams just made it even worse for him. Katjaa scooted closer to him with Duck and hugged him even thought it had little effect. Lee gazed sadly at the family of three as he also held Clementine closer. He just wished Kenny would stop blaming himself for Shawn's death. It wasn't Kenny's fault, he was just looking out for his son.

Lee glanced around the room to see almost everyone staring sadly at the screen. Almost. Larry was keeping an eye on Kenny and was watching him in disgust. Lee glared at him as if to say "Say anything and you'll regret it." Larry noticed this and turned his attention back to the screen. Lee continued to glare at him for another few seconds before also continuing to watch.

Clementine whimpers and looks afraid. Hershel runs up with his gun and shoots the zombies in the head.

Hershel hugs Shawn's dead body for a few moments. Katjaa stands in front of Duck and Clementine to block their view of Shawn's body. Hershel stands up, angry and sad.

Hershel: Get out. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

Kenny flinched at Hershel's harsh tone. Tears began to run down his face as he imagined Shawn's messed up body. He mind began to wander to the thought of Duck dying because of his mistakes. He should've ran back and helped Lee. He shouldn't have ran away.

Kenny: I'm sorry.

Hershel: SORRY? Your son is alive. You don't get to be sorry.

Hershel turns to Lee.

Hershel: And YOU. You didn't even try to help.

Lee: I thought I could help them both.

Hershel: (briefly turns to Shawn) Look at him. You thought wrong. And now...

Hershel turns away from the others.

Hershel: (sadly) Please, just go. (angrily) Get out and never come back!

Hershel kneels next to Shawn again. Kenny and Lee exchange glances and Katjaa looks at Clementine.

Kenny: You've got that ride to Macon if you want it.

Kenny, Katjaa, and Duck walk away.

The screen then goes black.

"I'm sorry hun. I can't do this!" Kenny cried as he got up from his seat out of Katjaa's grip and ran out off out of the room.
"Kenny!" Katjaa tried to go after him but is stopped by Lee who had also gotten out of his seat.
"Let him go Katjaa, he needs a break." Lee said as he put a hand out to stop her. The woman sighed as she sat back down next to Duck who had also began to tear up a little.
"I think we should all take a break for a bit." Carley stated as she began to get up. "Let's all meet back here in an hour."
Everyone agreed as they all began to get up and explore the building they were in.