Episode 1 - Chapter 5 part 1 - Welcome Home

The group had decided to leave Kenny alone for the time being until he had mourned. So before the hour had ended, Lee had explored most of the building they had been transported to. The building they were in was more like a mansion than anything else. The mansion had multiple floors, a basement, multiple living rooms, a kitchen, a library, multiple bedrooms and a dining room. This made Lee more curious on who stayed here. It most likely belonged to the person who brought them here. But Lee hadn't seen any evidence on who that was. The only thing Lee knew about this person is the writing on the screen when they all first arrived here.

Lee had checked on Clementine to see if she was coping well after the discovery of her parent's deaths. He didn't like seeing her sad and wanted what was best for her. Of course Clementine wasn't okay when he checked on her but she at least expressed her happiness for him to look after her.

Currently Lee was sitting down in one of the living rooms with thoughts racing through his head about the future. But he was mainly thinking about the people who would show up here that he learned about when he first got here. Who would these people be? How where they important to their future? But if he trusted the screen then he knew that when they arrived that they would be friendly.

"Hey," Lee wasn't startled when Carley had entered the room. So far she was one of the few from the other group who had treated him and his group fairly.
"Hey." He replied evenly.
"Kenny's back, so everyone has gone back to the viewing area. You coming?"
Lee nodded and followed Carley back into the room. Lee could see that Kenny was sitting back with his family. His arms were crossed and he was forcefully observing the blank screen, seemingly like he didn't want look at the others yet. Katjaa shared a sad look with Lee as he and Carley sat down.

"Finally. We can start." Larry broke the silence. Lilly debated to either frown at her father's impatience or do nothing. She chose the latter.

The group is in Kenny's truck, which sputters to a stop.

Kenny: Well, this is as far as we're going.

Lee: Then it's far enough.

Everyone gets out of the truck and walks down the street. Lee briefly stops in front of his family's pharmacy.

The drugstore group took a moment to view the empty street. For most of them it was strange to see it so empty when it was once filled with working cars and people.

The one who found it weird the most was Lee. Brief memories came back to him of his family at the drugstore and around his home town. Maybe the world would go back to normal in the near future? But he knew he was a fool to believe that. The person who brought them here pretty much crushed that thought line as soon as they arrived here.

Duck: Look!

Duck points to what appears to be a person near a car in the distance. Kenny waves his arms to try to get their attention.

Kenny: Hey there! You friendly? Truck's run out of gas.

Kenny didn't say anything but from the way he sighed and shook his head, it was clear he was berating himself in his head for doing that.

The person looks up, revealing that it's actually a zombie eating a dead survivor.

Kenny: FUCK!

Many zombies start approaching the group, surrounding them.

Katjaa: We're TRAPPED!

Duck: WAAH!

A zombie knocks Duck over and tries to attack him.

Duck: AHHH! NO! NO!

Kenny and his family all tensed. It was a miracle that Carley and Glenn had rushed out and saved Duck at that specific time. They were all lucky no one got bitten here. One of them would've been a ticking time bomb otherwise.