-18-

Before she could even acknowledge it, Joanna was banging her fist harshly on the front door.

She knew someone was home - a truck was parked on her front yard- and she could hear the faint noises of people talking. Suddenly, the voices stopped and the only noise was the door as Jacob Black opened it.

  "Yes?" He questioned with an annoyed tone. "If you're wondering about Bella, she's-" A small brunette squeezed past him and darter into the arms of Joanna, her body shivering hastly.

  "I'm so sorry," she cried into her shoulder, her shivers growing as she sobbed. "I made a mistake. I'm so sorry, Joanna." Her hands gripped her friend's  shirt, clawing at her as she felt her sinking away like she just did. "I hate this," she breathed, eyes fluttering close and she her grip loosened. "Jake saved me."

  Joanna locked eyes with the beast and nodded; a sign of gratitude. "That's a good thing. What exactly did you do?"

  Alice answered away as she swerved around the road, coming to a stop in front of the Swan home. The teenager's breathing halted for a moment as she watched the smallest Cullen exit the vehicle, coming to waltz over to them. Bella was blooming with glee as she raced towards Alice, throwing herself at the woman.

  Beside Joanna, Jacob loudly growled. "Gross, you really are a wolf." Jacob sent her a glare before focusing on Alice and Bella. "Grow up. Bella is happy to see her after months of hell, Jacob."

  "They're the cause for it," Jacob argued, daring to stalk over to Alice, whom of which was equally glaring at Jacob. "Move it, tiny."

  Bella pulled away and swatted at her friend. "Stop it, Jake." Her cheeks were flushed with a red color, tearful stains coating them as she shivered next to Alice. "Oh God, I m-missed you guys."

  "I'm sorry," Alice apologized, her face hardening right after. "Now, explain why you jumped off the cliff!" Those words cut Joanna off guard and soon she was sending Bella a deadly look,

  "What!?" She yelled, shocked and concerned for her friend. Pushing past the beast, she stood in front of Bella and gripped her arms tightly. "That's why you're soaking and so cold," the female realized as she pushed her drenched locks behind her ear. "You jumped. You jumped!"

  "Depression makes me people do insane things," Joanna then remembered, her features softening. "Oh, Bella." She brought the girl's head to her chest, soothing her hand over her head. "Oh..." Her eyes burned holes at Alice. "This is all your fault!"

  Jacob huffed from his spot behind Joanna, "I agree absolutely. It was you and your family's fault for doing this to her-" Bella's mouth opened to argue, "-and making her depressed. You left and left her for months. You're lucky I was here to help."

  Bella sent him a look. "Stop forgetting about, Jo, Jacob." Softening her features, Bella slithered out of Alice's grip. "Not right now. Not right now, alright?" She stated, eyes clouding up from her emotions. "Things are messed up and I know from Joanna, it's going to take a l-" Words fell short as the house phone blared and screamed from her home, making Bella rush up her house steps.

However, Jacob was quicker and soon the two teenagers were gone.

  Joanna jerked her attention to Alice who, surprisingly, looked saddened by Bella's words and actions. That made Joanna's frown worsen. "You guys messed up big time." The smallest Cullen didn't respond back, only staggering in her spot as she stared at the house with a blank look, eyebrows only hardening seconds later.

  Alice gasped out loud, hands coming to cup over her mouth. "He isn't," she whispered to herself, "Edward!"

  "Huh?"