-19-

Leah nor Seth attended the funeral in fear that something could wrong and one of them could phase.

It had been almost a week since she saw Alice's annoyingly, blinding smile. It's been a week since it was announced that Harry Clearwater had passed and it was due to heart attack. That heart attack was caused by Victoria, the vicious redheaded bitch that Joanna despised.

  It's been a week since Alice called, explaining that Jasper wishes to see her again. Yet, Joanna answered by slamming her phone on her bed and walking out of the room.

She couldn't.

Last week was a whole disaster.

  "...Charlie is going on about Thanksgiving already," Bella stated, sipping lazily on her hot cocoa. Today, she wore a simple black turtle neck with a pair of gray jeans, old brown boots covering her small feet on the cold October day. "I mean, as much as I love him, I've always found it odd that he goes insane around the holidays. You know, Christmas was- Jo?"

  "Huh?" Joanna blinked, letting her gaze fall onto Bella's curious looks. "Sorry, I'm just, uh, lost."

  She smiled, "It's okay. How are you doing lately?"

A small, lazy shrug was sent her way. "I'm just... I don't know, really. Leah hasn't answered my calls and so I don't know what the hell is happening down there. The Cullens are back and Alice won't stop calling me and it's annoying the crap out of me. Then there's Jasper. I feel him."

  Bella furrowed her dark eyebrows in puzzlement. "Really? Jasper? That's odd. I mean, he misses you of course, but watch you? Hmm." Joanna gave her a look before sipping on her own hot cocoa.

  "I miss him too, but I don't forgive them. I try to understand them at first, but now... I think they're just lost. I'm not a vampire so I wouldn't understand-" Bella's eyes widened when she mentioned the 'v' word outloud. However, no one in the diner cared to hear. "They're one interesting family."

  The brunette nodded her head, brown waves bouncing on her shoulders. "Yeah, at least Edward apologized and whatnot. Maybe you try and visit Jasper? Things may work out then."

  "Maybe."

  "By the way," Bella mumbled after a moment of silence, "thanks for helping me during those tough months. You and Jake really did help and I don't know how to repay you."

  Smirking, Joanna asked, "I'll buy popcorn if you find a good movie to watch tonight. It's Friday afterall and well, I miss movie nights with my best friend." Then, Bella's phone was vibrating harshly on the table, ratting their mugs. Blushing in embarrassment, Bella answered.

  "Yes? Oh, hey Alice wh-" she stopped, mouth coming in to form a straight line as she stared at Joanna. "He does? Oh, uh, then Joanna may not be happy with that. I have to go. I'll see you around. Bye, Alice." The short phone call ended with Bella sighing and offering an apologetic look to her friend.

  "Jasper?" Joanna guessed, looking out the window as Bella nodded steadily. "How wonderful; fantastic even. Maybe I'll put on a nice dress when I show up," she grumbled sarcastically, sipping her drink with a hot glare. Though, her glare was sent to her feet as Bella mumbled her own apology.

  "Don't feel sorry, 'kay?"

  Silently, Bella nodded and observed her friend. "You're not thrilled about this, are you? I wasn't when I saw Edward... after the whole thing in Italy, but things started to roll into place again. I'm glad he's back, but am I glad that he left me? No way. I'm still struggling to forgive him and he's learning how to understand what I went through. Sorry, I'm ranting again."