Chapter 1: Princess of Xagrus

A middle-aged woman in a victorian maid uniform was walking down a royal castle-like hall. The maid approached a large door and knocked on it.

"Princess Kathryn!" The maid calls out. "It's time to wake up!" Not expecting an answerback, the maid decides to open the door and welcome herself inside. When she went inside, she saw the mess-of-a-room and sighed.

"Pardon the intrusion, Princess Kathryn, but you must get out of bed now."

A groan came from under the covers of the king-sized bed.

The maid sighed and walked over to the bed. "Princess Kathryn, it's seven in the morning, you must leave your room," the maid grabs the blanket that was over the princess and yanked it off of her.

On the bed laid a sixteen-year-old Asian girl, with messy long brunette hair, and is wearing a blue nightdress. Her eyes opened slightly, showing her dark brown eyes. She groans once more and sits herself up, turning to the maid.

"You really don't have to be responsible for me, Judith," Kathryn somnolently said to the maid after letting out a huge yawn.

"I must for you are of royal blood and is the princess of this kingdom." The maid pulls the teenage girl out of bed, taking her to a chair in front of a mirror on a beautifully crafted wooden table.

The maid, Mary, opened a drawer and pulled out a hairbrush. When she was about to start brushing Kathryn's hair, the princess stops her.

"It's ok, Mary, I can do it myself," Kathryn takes the brush from the maid as Mary sighs and nods.

"We have your dress ready for you on the display mannequin stand," Mary said and pointed at the mannequin torso in the middle of the room that is wearing the beautiful blue, royal princess dress. "Princes around the world will be coming to tonight's ball, so your father and mother want you to prepare. Come to the throne room when you're ready."

The maid walked towards the door, opening it and leaving the room before closing.

Kathryn watched her leave and quickly brushes her brunette hair straight. She gets up and takes off her nightdress, stretching her arms.

"Sorry mom and dad, but I'm not gonna deal with your bullshit today." The princess said to herself as she walked towards her bed, kneeling and pulled out a leather backpack from under her bed.

She put the bag down on top of her bed and opened it before pulling out a blue ruffle off shoulder lace blouse top tunic with black faux lace-up vest corset and blue skirt.

Kathryn smiled to herself and put the outfit on before grabbing leather boots. She walked up to a wall and placed her hand on it as her eyes start glowing yellow.

A large, yellow portal that made a low bass noise along with thunder cracks formed into the wall. 

"Damn, being gifted with this power is great." Kathryn smiled and entered the portal.

After going through the portal, she exited out of it into an empty alley before the portal she created disappeared.

"I must be in the market district," Kathryn said to herself as she looks at her outfit. "Thank god people only recognize me when I'm dressed like an aristocrat."

She leaves the alley and entered the busy streets filled with villagers and rusty robots buying goods.

Kathryn was still amazed by how lively it is here. The only time she left the castle was when she is with her parents or when she sneaks out of the castle.

"Damnit, I forgot where his house is again..." Kathryn groaned to herself.

She looked around and walked up to a man who was selling fruits and vegetables on a wagon.

"Excuse me, sir?" Kathryn called him out as the vendor turned to look at her and smiled.

"Hiya there, young miss," the vendor gave Kathryn a friendly smile. "Interested in my products?"

Kathryn shook her head. "Sorry, but no. Do you know where the Grimmus Clinic is?" She asked the man, curiously.

The man nodded and pointed down the street in front of Kathryn. "Take a right turn down the alley where the labor bot is standing by, and you'll see a sign with their clinic name on it."

"Thank you, sir!" Kathryn bowed her head to the vendor. "And actually, I'll take a pear." She said before giving the man a silver coin before he handed her the pale green yellowish fruit.

Kathryn thanked him once more before running down the street, turning to the alley where the tall, rusting robot was standing and went down the alley, she looks around until she saw a wooden sign with the words, "Grimmus Clinic" above the front door.

Kathryn grabbed the door handle and opened the wooden door before walking into the clinic.

After walking inside and looked around the room, there were a few wooden chairs that were empty and saw a teenage Asian boy her age at the front desk reading a book.

"Thomas!" Kathryn calls out as the boy jumped a bit, being started by her voice as he looks up from his book and stares at her.

"The only time you don't boom tube yourself in my dad's clinic to scare the piss out of me, yet you still manage to startle me." Thomas sighed at the princess.

"Sorry, Tommy," Kathryn giggles at him. "But, you should install a bell on your door, just to know if anyone came in."

"My dad says, 'why get a bell when I have a son who can run the front desk.'" The teenage boy sighed, followed with a small chuckle. "So what brings you here? Parents being a pain for ya, princess?"

"Something like that..." Kathryn looks down, pouting a bit.

Thomas noticed Kathryn's pout and became concerned since he's never seen her down before. "What's wrong?"

Kathryn sighed, still looking down as she walked up to him. "I turned sixteen recently, and because of that and my status as a princess..." she paused and looked up at Thomas before speaking again. "My parents will be preparing me for marriage."