𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐚 𝐏𝐮𝐬𝐡

Chapter One — 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐚 𝐏𝐮𝐬𝐡

Althea feels awkward, naked in the bed, waiting for Lape

She debates whether she should start getting dressed, but she doesn't want Lape to think that she's trying to duck out, trying to leave.

The bathroom door opens and walks out. 

Althea can't stop staring.

Lape snags his boxers, pulls them on while looking at Althea.

"How long are you in town for?" Lape asked.

"Don't know yet," Althea replies.

Lape waits for her to say more, say something, but the silence stretches out. 

"No one knows I'm here yet.  No one but you." Althea said, sternly.

Lape gives a little nod as he is sitting on the bed, now, almost within touching distance. 

"I won't tell anyone, Althea." He said.

"Good, I plan to attend Bella's wedding then leave." Althea said.

"Charlie's daughter, right?" He asked.

"Yup." She answered.

"Who gets married right after graduating High school?" He asked.

"Some people do." She replies.

"She's totally pregnant." He said.

"Bella would never." She said.

—                                    —                                           —

The trip to Forks was so quiet that I could hear each tiny rattle in the car's engine.

The trees passed by in a blur of evergreen, and the mist clouded the windshield without a single drop of rain falling.

I finally pull up to my uncle Charlie's house and sit in the car looking at the house in dread.

Giving another sigh I finally turn off the car and get out.

I trudge up the drive as unenthusiastically as possible.

Finally making it to the door, it opens just as I finish knocking.

I'm met with Charlie, who as soon as he recognizes its me, starts to smile.

"Althea! It's so good to see you. I'm so glad you're here." Charlie said.

"Bella! Althea is here!" Charlie exclaimed as he let's me in the house and awkwardly gives me a hug.

"I missed you uncle Charlie." I said.

"I missed you too, Thea." Charlie said.

We walk into the living room where Bella is sitting on the couch with some guy and a couple another people.