9. Making a post

You start to think.
You then brought up what Freddy said earlier.

"Perhaps... I could make a post"
You think.

But it would be very confusing. What if you could be linked to those murders? What if it won't work anyway?

You growl and grab your head in frustration letting out a deep sigh after that to try and calm down.

Then a thought pops up. The story of Freddy's killings is on the news right? Well, you could just post about them, right? Freddy wants to spread the message that he is back. So that's how you do it! You will post a link to an article about him and tell people to click on it!

You were hyped by that idea so much that more flooded in.

No, what if you make it personal?
You will make a post and ask your followers about Freddy and you can talk to them about it. Or even better claim you know who he is me warn everyone. But would Freddy approve? I was supposed to make them know about him not make them scared.

You crack your knuckles and pick up your phone to write. You decided to do a test first. You copied that link that your friend Stacy sent you about the guy spreading awareness.

You make a post:

Hey everyone, check out this link! I believe it can be tied with the murders we saw on TV!

You re-read your post. It seems like something is missing. Oh right! His name! The guy never mentions Freddy's name. So you had to. But then that would be suspicious.

You decide to write in the tags #FreddysBack

And you also added:
If you guys want more information just ask.

And hit post.

"There." You breathe a sigh of relief.
"That should do it."

You go on your day like normal, you eat some food, go chill outside and at the end sit down to read your favorite book before you start your homework.

Suddenly your reading time is interrupted by your phone buzzing notifications. You grab it with anticipation, hoping to get some comments of people wanting you to hear more. You eagerly open the app and scroll through the comments while your face was beaming with excitement.

But your high hopes and beaming face slowly came down as you actually read the comments.
They were from 3 kids in your school.

Comment 1: Dude this is so fake, this is obviously a creepy story this dude made up for attention!

Comment 2: I googled about the epidemic the guy mentions. Turns out it a very clever scheme some kind of cult pulled off. And it wasn't a dream cult, it was a physical cult.

Comment 3: ask you for more information? No one is falling for that hon 😘

Your heart sank. They don't even believe you. Why?

Date published: July 19 2019
Date Edited: May 14 2021