11. waking up in the hospital

You took in a deep breath as your ears started to pick up a rhythmic beeping sound. Your vision slowly came back and you were greeted with the bright light of a hospital room.
You try to get up but you feel too weak and the fresh back pain made it worse.

"Mm... what happened?"

"Oh, you're awake!"

A cheery tone responded to your question. Your eyes tried to find where the sound was coming as a young nurse in a bright white outfit trots up towards your bed. She was holding a clipboard and was taking notes.

"So."
She smacks the pen against the board as she stopped writing.

"Your wounds are pretty deep and you could've died if you lost all that blood but luckily your mother was able to find you and call the ambulance. You should be able to get out in a week when your Stitches heal more and you'll be able to move."

Your mind wandered a little as she spoke. Her cheery tone eased the atmosphere and worked perfectly for a background noise.

She continued, "Your wounds seem to be similar to some of the other patients we have here. Perhaps you could tell us what happened to you? We will most likely have an interview when you will be good enough to sit up."

You stir in your bed.

"What did... the other patients... say?"

You manage to squeeze out.

The nurse paused for a moment.

"That Information is classified my dear, but hopefully the detectives can solve this weird puzzle."

You feel really tired and start to doze off

"I'm just... gonna nap"

You murmur.

"Oh sure"
the nurse somehow heard you.

"You'll have lunch in a couple of hours so don't worry."

You let out a small 'mhmm' as you close your eyes and finally fall asleep.

Date published: July 17 2020
Date Edited: May 14 2021