Beginning of the End

Considering the fact that they lived outside the walls, all was peaceful. During the day, children laughed and played in the meadow and lakes. Their laughter was music to the adults ears, in turn making them happy that they were so carefree. When nightfall came, it was silent. Adults took turns staying up and keeping watch over the quaint community, where they resided at the edge of the forest. Dangerous, but also safe at the same time. While titans roamed inside the forest, houses were located within the trees. Not too far up, but high enough were they were unreachable. It was a very small community, only about half a dozen families.

Food was surprisingly plentiful,most of it being harvested during the night, when titans were inactive. Meat was sometimes accessible, when spotted and deemed safe to hunt after.

On one particularly nice day, all tranquility was ruined. In the distance, a titan that towered over Wall Maria, kicked a hole in. Titans from all directions stormed in, and the force caused the houses in the trees toppled down. Those who didn't die from the fall lay unmoving from the ground, too scared to move from the onslaught of giants coming their way.

One particular girl stood in the mist of it all. Shock was replaced with fear as she watched her family die. As she watched however, her 5 year-old niece was picked up. Unable to tear her eyes away from the gruesome sight in front of her, the teenager looked in horror as her niece was bitten in half, instantly silencing the cries being emitted from the child. Once again, anger overcame fear, and a shrill scream was released from her throat. As if it came naturally, she picked up a knife and slit her hand. Fire was ignited within her, and she charged.

~Time Skip~

She had no idea how long she was fighting, but when no titans were a threat to her, she collapsed. She thought she could hear hooves, but she decided that she was just hallucinating.

'Let me out, please. Let me out. I'm trapped' she begged. She knew no one could hear her, yet she still begged. Her family was gone in instant, taken right before her eyes. But somehow, somewhere, the gods from who knows where, answered her prayers. Pain rippled through her body, and then a faint gasp. With the last of her strength, she sat up, flesh connected to her face and arms, or at least what was left.

Erwin P.O.V
The attack...

It all happened so fast. So many had died. There were so many casualties. Nobody was prepared. So, despite extreme reluctance, we carefully ventured outside, not bothering to kill any titans. Our top priority was to look for any survivors. As expected, there were none. Again, with great reluctance, we ventured beyond the walls. About a hundred feet ahead, a titan stood. And then...

It fell. On it's knees, as if it was drained. Shots went off, and we charged forward, most eager to kill. I, being of top rank, rode ahead, my anger bubbling over as I shot out my gear and quickly located it's nape.

My satisfaction was short-lived, for as I looked down, there was a child who looked no older than 13 lie there. A faint gasp escaped my mouth, for it felt as if I could no longer form any other noise, as she sat up. Her arms were slashed in half from where I had cut, but as she rose up, flesh connected to her face broke away. She was indeed young, and the whirring of 3DM gear was registered in my mind.

"Erwin?" A hand was placed on my shoulder, and the monotone voice that could belong to no one else, told me it was Levi who spoke. "Erwin what do we do? Some have seen the girl, and she's just emerged out of a damn titan's neck!" He half whispered, half shouted.

As I was about to speak, a small, timid voice reached our ears.

"Save me, please. Save me from this hell and let me join my family"