Ready?

Time had passed unusually quick. Being taken under the wing of the very Commander Erwin Smith, as she had learned, was supposedly a "big deal". Roughly 3 weeks had passed, and she found herself growing close to him. It felt as if she was beginning to develop a father - daughter relationship. And yet, deep down, she knew their was no filling the void that her family had left behind. But it helped her cope at the very least. Having someone close.

The same had begun to happen with somebody named Hanji. She had learned that "Hanji" was non-binary, meaning that their gender was unidentified. So she called Hanji pronouns, such as they or them.

Things were a little more difficult for the short man. His name was Levi Ackerman, supposedly humanity's strongest. Funny how the 'strongest' was also the shortest. He tended to call her a brat, but deep down, Levi tolerated her.

"Valerie. Valerie! OI BRAT!" Speak of the devil...

She jumped in her seat, and glared at said man. "Yes Levi?" Annoyance was clear in her voice. She wasn't exactly, fond, of surprises anymore. They left a bad taste in her mouth. He glared back, his glare just as intense.

"Erwin's requesting you. Said something about 'teaching you the basics'. He'll probably try to get you on the ODM gear." The girl practically jumped out of her seat, an excited smile displayed on her lips. Yes, yes, yes! Finally! She was about to bolt out of the room only to realize something of extreme importance.

If Erwin want to teach me now, then does that mean it's almost time for me to go to training? She remembered what she had been told. "I'll teach you how to use the ODM gear soon, but only the basics. It won't be too soon though, it'll be around the time that training enrollment comes around." are quote for quote, what the blonde had said to her. As the thought came to mind, her mood had began to dampen. Learning this, to her, would mean leaving.

She did not want that, not yet. To be forced into an environment of other people, and needing to re-learn how to socialize. Yeah... she didn't know how to do that anymore.

Nonetheless, she trudged outside as she followed Levi. There, two other people were standing, Erwin, and Hanji. When she looked closer, there were 3 stands arranged to form a standing triangle. Hanging from it were ropes, and Hanji was holding something that looked like a harness.

As she approached, Erwin greeted her with a smile. A fatherly one. One that looked sad, sad to see that his 'kid' was probably going to be leaving soon. It made her heart break, just a smidge. "Valerie. It's time to learn. Are you ready?"

She nodded.