Chapter 5-Flashback

• Dedicated to Jacqueline Viana

FLASHBACK:

"You do know how much I love you Lily. Don't you?" He questioned.

"Actually, I don't think I do." I laughed while sitting on the swing. I was wearing my favourite flower crown and my white lace shirt with my attempt at a skirt. We built this swing last month. It pretty much consists of a plank of wood and two pieces of rope. 

"Do you remember the time we built this swing Jake?"

"Yes, I do. That was the best day ever."

"I still don't think I know how much you love me."

"I can't believe you just said that, Lil." He joked.

"I did, I did, I did, I did!" I crowed.

"No you didn't. Did you? Say you didn't!"

I shook my head back and forth with my mouth clamped and my face turned away.

"I am sooo going to get you Lily White!" He exaggerated.

"He walked over and lifted up my chin.

"I love you Jake." I whispered longingly, the words lingering in the air as I waited for an answer.

"I love you to Lily. To the moon and  back..."

END OF THIS FLASHBACK:

I shivered at the thought of how we used to be. I miss how we used to be. A tear trickled down my face as I left my favourite spot on the wooden porch stairs and raced down the dusty road.