Part 4

Colby POV

S-"Us."

C-"Sam what do you mean?"

S-"Colby, I miss us. The way we used to hang out. Or how we would blare One direction in your car and having no where to go. We shared so many memories together and I miss that. Colby I don't know if this move is the right thing for me. Like you said we have spent every single day together. Even if one of us were sick the other would come sit by the bed while we felt like shit."

C-"Hey, hey slow down. Your going to feel like that but Sam I will be out there in a couple of months. I just have to get enough money and I will be out there."

S-"I know but Colby I don't know if I can live without you for that long." When he said that I broke into tears. I know I need to be supportive of my best friend but at this point I couldn't. 

C-"Sam you are going to be fine and I'm going to be fine. I promise."

S-"See this is why we need each other. So we stop freaking out!"

C-" Oh my"

C-"Listen I hate to cut this short but I gotta get ready for work."

S-"Its okay I should probably pay attention to driving anyways. Love you brother!"

C-"Love you too brother, please be safe."

S-"Will do! Love you too brother have fun at work!"

C-"Okay, bye Sam"

S-"Bye Colby" And with that I hang up. I get out of my car and walk inside my (what I thought was empty) house. 

(A/N so I'm adding in new characters. One of them is Colby's mom. Her name is Linda. I had no other name. She is really verbally abusive to Colby. Sorry if this triggers anyone. But this is also the reason Colby never spent anytime at home and was always over at Sam's house. The other one is Colby's little brother. His name is Mason. Colby wants to take him with him when he moves out to California but knows that will never happen. Okay sorry for the long a/n on with the rest of this chapter.)

L-"Colby where the fuck have you been?"

C-"Sam was leaving today so I went out with him to say goodbye." I say with a sigh closing the door behind me when I see my mother, who hates that I'm even on this planet, come around the corner. 

L-"Colby you know I fucking hate when you hangout with that little twat."

C-"Mom don't fucking call Sam that."

L-"I can call him whatever I want you fucking piece of shit!" She yells. I look up the stairs to see my little brother, Mason. I mouth to him to go back to his room, so he didn't have to see this go down like it does everyday when I get home. 

C-"You know what fuck you!" I yell back, holding in my tears. Then I felt it. 

Today was the first day she has ever hit me. I fell to the ground holding my cheek, that was stinging. 

L-"Get up you fucking disgrace! Your so fucking weak."

I get up and run upstairs and walking to my brothers room. 

M-"She hit you didn't she?" I just look up at him with my hand still on my throbbing face. 

C-"When did you become so smart?" I had tears tugging at my eyes ready to fall any second now. 

M-"Can I come with you to work? I don't wanna be here Colby!"

C-"How about if I call Sam's mom and dad and see if you can go over there and hangout with Sam's little brother Ben? You wanna do that instead? It would be much better than coming with me."

M-"Fine. But can you get me ice cream after work when you come to get me?"

C-"Oh you know it." He comes and sits down next to me on the bed. 

M-"I love you Colby."

C-"I love you too. Now get ready I'm going to go call them real quick. Okay?"

M-"Okay." I get up and walk out of his room and down the hall to my room. Once I get there I pull out my phone and dialing Sam's mom's number and pressing the call button.  

"Hey Colby!"

C-"Hi Mrs. Golbach!"

"Everything okay?"

C-"I was actually wondering if Ben was up for a friend?"

"Yeah he would love that!"

C-"Good. Could my little brother come over for a couple of hours while I go to work?"

"Of course Colby! Ben would love some company after Sam left."

C-"Thank you Mrs. Golbach! If I can do anything to repay you just ask."

"Of course! Colby before you go is everything alright?"

C-"Um.... my mom is not okay and today it got worse. That's why I'm asking if Mason could come over."

"Oh Colby I'm so sorry. If there is ever anything I could do for you or your brother just let me know."

C-"Thank you again but I have to get ready."

"Okay Colby, just walk in when you get here. You know you are family to us and we love when little Mason comes over!"

C-"Thank you." I hang up the phone and change my clothes. 

A/N Okay so yes I know I haven't updated recently but here is a long chapter for you. Also I just want to say happy birthday to my internet twin Mr.Sam Golbach! He has done so so much for me and he dosen't even know it. 

Again sorry if this chapter was triggering for any of y'all. Also I already know people are going to ask how old Mason is and he is 10. Yes I changed Colby's real brothers name but did not change Sam's. Don't come after me for that. I just thought the name was more fitting. 

Okay I have to go y'all but I love y'all to pieces! Also go check out  my instagram @theothergolbrock   if you follow I will more than likely follow back. I just hit 300 followers on there and even though that dosen't sound like much, it is to me. Okay good night/morning/afternoon.