Hurt.

Natasha had barely ran alive from the hell she was raised in, she thought she could've defeated them now that she was older but the student couldn't defeat the master. She arrived to her and Carol's house sobbing, pain everywhere. Carol opened the door and was shocked. She couldn't believe what she saw, her girlfriend, who she hadn't seen in two weeks was covered in bruises and blood. Carol hugged Natasha, more to keep her from falling than love.

"Shhhh, everything's ok, babe." She whispered. "I'm here, I'm right here." Carol said comforting her girlfriend.

Carol took Nat into the bathroom and quickly undressed her to clean her wounds, as soon as Carol took off the other woman's shirt, Natasha shivered, which hurt Carol to the core but she knew she had to clean all her wounds. Carol slowly passed a bit of cotton with water and alcohol through Natasha's body, as soon as she was done she got Nat's favourite pijamas and placed them on her girlfriend carefully.

"I missed you Tasha." Carol said as she kissed one of Nat's bruises in her face.

"I missed you so much." Natasha replied with a broken voice.

Carol hugged the love of her life, who shrugged from pain and Carol let go.

"We have to take you to the Shield's medical wing." Carol said cupping the redhead's cheek.

Natasha nodded but immediately groaned from a pain in her back.

"You know what? Let's stay here tonight." Carol said running her fingers through Natasha's red hair.

Natasha found a good, painless position to cuddle with Carol and she closed her eyes as they sat together in the couch and slowly fell asleep. Carol kissed her hurt girlfriend's forehead and smiled at her.

"Good Night baby." Carol whispered. "I'll always stay with you."

Slowly, Carol fell asleep too, and for the first time in two weeks, she was happy, relieved to have someone to hug at night.

• • •

The next morning, Natasha already felt better and told the avengers all about why she went to the red room. She wanted to destroy it, but they caught her by surprise and slowly tortured her for two weeks, until she found an escape and ran to Carol's. Everyone admired Natasha's bravery but most of all, Carol, who now felt like a hawk, never taking her eyes off the beautiful redhead.

When the avengers were all gone, Carol walked to Natasha and got in her little bed and tightened her arms around Nat. Natasha smiled by the soft warmth of her girlfriend and she got closer to Carol.

"I know you want to kill them Nat, to get revenge." Carol said. "But next time you're going with me." Carol grinned.

Natasha giggled and turned to face the blonde.

"I just want to stay here with you, Carol." Natasha said.

'Carol' even though everyone called her that, Carol felt special when it came from Natasha's lips. And the whole sentence also made butterflies jump in her stomach. Carol smiled and leaned toward Nat, they shared a soft, slow kiss and then parted away.
They stared at each other's eyes saying all they needed to say. Natasha turned around again and got her body closer to Carol so that their bodies touched. Carol smelled Nat's hair and hugged her.

Like that, two bodies became one, and the love they shared would never be able to keep them away too long, one way or another, they'd find their way to each other.

(Too cheesy?)