Let's Pretend

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I'LL DO A PRIDE MONTH ONE SHOT SOON :)

"Natasha! We're going to be late!" Carol groaned as she knocked on the door.

"You've been my best friend for 10 years you should know I take my time!" Natasha yelled from the other side.

Carol laughed and sat down on the bed in Natasha's room, right now, they were on a trip to Hawaii as a celebration of 10 years of friendship, which was funny because Carol won two plane tickets to Hawaii in a contest she signed up for while being drunk, but it turned out for the better as the tickets she won were for the same day Natasha and Carol met, so she decided to make it a little friendship anniversary. Even though they met on sixth grade, their first encounter was one neither of them would ever forget.

Carol was running towards her math class, she had never been late before and this was NOT going to be the first time, she still had minutes to spare but her paranoid self made her legs run across the halls, which - for her bad luck - were the ones with eighth graders who loved to bully the smaller kids, but Carol was smart and had 'Excuse me!' and 'Sorry' exiting her mouth constantly.

Natasha Romanoff, the new girl, had no idea where her math class was, and she was cursing inwardly for knowing she was going to arrive late at her first class, that until a certain blonde knocked her over.

Carol was staring down at Natasha as she mumbled multiple 'sorry's and then she realized the position they were in, Carol was completely on top of Natasha, their faces inches apart, and those green eyes staring into her brown ones in such an engulfing way.

Some eighth grader's laughter made Carol snap out of her trance and she managed to generate some words, which was very surprising for her social-skills-of-a-potato self. "I'm so sorry... I was just on a rush to get to my class, Miss Allen doesn't know what patience is and therefor, is willing to cook children alive if they arrive late." She said as she looked at the floor, not daring to meet the green eyes.

But a gentle laugh came her way, Carol looked up and smiled, she couldn't help but admire the woman in front of her, blush creeping on her cheeks. "My name is Natasha Romanoff, I'm new here."

And since then, they were inseparable, they shared everything, Natasha opened up to Carol and viceversa, they barely ever fought and time flied when they were together. They always had each other's backs, even if it was taking care of the one that was hangover, or not letting anyone say bad things about the other. As they grew closer, they trusted each other more and soon they knew everything about each other.

"Hey! Annoying ass blonde!" Natasha said as she threw a pillow at Carol. "I'm ready." She said as she did a little spin, showing off her dress, make up, and hairstyle, which was pulled up in a bun.

Carol smiled at her best friend and admired the woman in front of her, as she had done since they met. She got up from the bed, "You look amazing, Nat." The blonde said softly.

"And you look... decent." Natasha said, to which Carol rose an eyebrow. "I'm kidding! You look stunning, Danvers." The redhead smiled.

Carol, to the contrary of Nat, had put on little make up, a loose dress and her hair was on a low ponytail. "One thing though," Natasha said as she walked closer towards Carol. Even though her movements were slow, Carol was still surprised when Natasha's face was inches away from her own, breath caught on her throat as she watched Natasha intensely.

The redhead placed her arms around Carol's shoulders and carefully tugged off Carol's ponytail, letting the blonde locks fall over her shoulders. Natasha did a quick arrangement to Carol's hair so it looked more natural and smiled proudly at Carol when she was done, she dismissed the light blush on Carol's cheeks and smirked, "You look better with your hair loose."