Pride Month

Author's Note: Be proud everyone! Be you :)

Natasha's phone had been ringing for at least 10 minutes but the redhead was oblivious. She was taking a long relaxing shower after a long day and when she walked out and reached for her phone she was very surprised at seeing a bunch of missed calls from her beautiful girlfriend, Carol.

There were five knocks on her door and she dressed up quickly to greet whoever was at the door. She had put on jeans and a simple white shirt and made her way towards the door, she opened with a frowning look on her face that soon changed into a smile when she saw Carol standing there.

"I've been standing here for ten minutes." Carol deadpanned.

Natasha chuckled and pulled Carol into her apartment by grabbing her arm and closing the door behind her, but the blonde's annoyed face didn't change though, "As your girlfriend I demand you open in the first knock." Carol said playfully.

Natasha laughed, "I gave you keys!" The redhead said.

Carol's face fell, there was a moment of silence as Natasha awaited for the blonde's answer. "Technicality." She said with a high tone.

The redhead chuckled again and snaked her arms around Carol, biting her lip and the blonde finally cracked a smile.

"I love you." Carol said.

"I love you too." The redhead replied as she leaned in to capture Carol's lips in hers.

Carol placed her hand on Natasha's cheek and the other on her waist, while Natasha tangled her hands in the blonde's hair. Possessiveness rushed through their bodies and Carol couldn't help but push Natasha against the nearest wall and move her lips faster, to which Natasha replied eagerly.

Soon, Natasha pulled away- clearly out of breath- and grinned widely at the woman in front of her. "What was that for?" She giggled.

The blonde smiled too and pecked Natasha's lips quickly, "You make me go crazy." She moved her lips to Natasha's jaw, then neck, and then collarbone. All the while Natasha let out small whimpers and moans. When Carol was sure she left a mark, she pulled away and looked at the mesmerizing green eyes.

"Why are you here?" Natasha whispered groggily.

"You already want me to leave?" Carol asked over exaggerating her sarcasm.

Natasha chuckled and shook her head, "I never want you to leave." She paused, "I'm just curious."

Carol grinned gracefully, to which Natasha frowned. Her girlfriend was far more excited than she had ever seen her. "Is it serious?" Carol asked in a rhythmic tone.

Natasha rolled her eyes and exited Carol's grip, leaving a pouting blonde behind. She walked towards the kitchen to grab a water bottle, her girlfriend trailing behind her.

"Natasha," Carol began. "You do know what day it is today, right?" She asked.

The redhead frowned, she was sure that hers and Carol's anniversary wouldn't be until a few more months, there were no birthdays coming up, and nothing special came to her mind.

"May 31st...?"

Carol grinned eagerly, apparently nothing could take that grin off her face today. "Yes, and tomorrow is..."

Natasha's eyebrows raised, she was completely oblivious of why her girlfriend was so excited, "June 1st?"

"Exactly." Carol nodded.

But Natasha was still oblivious, what was so big about June 1st? "So..?"

Carol walked over to Natasha and wrapped her arms around the smaller woman's waist, "It's the best month of the year." She smiled.

Silence surrounded them for a good ten seconds before Natasha made another guess. "Because it's the middle of the year?"

Carol chuckled and pecked Natasha's forehead, she loved seeing her girlfriend so confused. "Well, yes. But that's not why I'm happy."

Natasha frowned again and Carol parted from the embrace to get something from her pocket. "It's..." She took a very small pride flag from her pocket and flashed it to Natasha. "Pride Month!" She said excitedly.

The grin on Carol's face finally vanished when she saw Natasha's expression fall, the redhead released a simple 'Oh.' and looked away, instantly worrying Carol.

Carol frowned and grabbed Natasha's chin so she could face her, "What's up babygirl?" She pouted.

It was not everyday that Natasha showed a weak side, or even looked away from a conversation, but Carol was the best person Natasha could ask for if she showed a weak side, Natasha had her full trust on Carol and wouldn't mind to break down in front of her.

But of course, she was not going to go down easily. "Nothing..." She shook her head.

Carol clenched her jaw and tilted her head, "You and I both know that's not true, and whatever it is, you can tell me."

Natasha stared into the honey brown eyes and she knew there was no way of escaping this talk, so she bit the inside of her cheek and took a deep breath. She was about to resurface some tough memories, "When I was little, about 12 or 13, I wanted to sneak out of my house and go to a pride event on June, my parents were both very homophobic and completely despised me when I came out, so sneaking out seemed like the best option." She paused and Carol wrapped her arms around her again, silently telling her she was with here.

"I packed a bag with a lot of pride stuff so I could dress more appropriately," She laughed sarcastically. "It was a bunch of rainbow stuff, but my happiness was quickly squished when my dad surprised me as I tried to exit the house." A single tear run down Natasha's cheek. "He yelled immediately, but it all went worse when he opened the bag." She paused again. "He kicked me, punched me, threw plates at me... all the while screaming about the big scum that I was." She shook her head. "When mom got home and my dad told her my plans, she had a little fun herself... Since then I pushed back the thought of pride month and any event related to pride so I wouldn't get hurt again."

Carol's body tensed completely, she hated what she was hearing. How could someone hurt another person just because of their likes? Especially when it came to her girlfriend. Anger filled her veins and she wanted to go to Natasha's parents and have vengeance, but of course she wasn't going to do that.

Her hands reached Natasha's cheek as she held her face, wiping away tears. "It's okay... I'm going to keep you safe."

Natasha nodded and embraced her girlfriend, the embrace lasted for a few minutes and Natasha calmed down, her breathing regular again. Carol kissed her forehead and smiled, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I promise I won't let anyone hurt you anymore."

Natasha's arms tightened around Carol's waist, she felt safe in her arms, safer than anywhere else. "I love you Carol."

"I love you too, dork."

Natasha grinned again and locked her eyes on Carol, slowly leaning in for a kiss. When their lips touched, Natasha knew her parents were wrong, Carol was her source of happiness and who she loved didn't define her.

Their lips parted and Natasha rested her forehead on Carol's, a smile on her face. "This month is exactly about that, we can be happy and gay together." They both laughed at Carol's statement. "Plus we're going to listen to Hayley Kiyoko and watch The Half of It until you know every line so I recommend you cuff your jeans and put on a flannel."