II

The noisy television downstairs, forced Egypt to wake up. She rolled onto her back and let out a loud groan. She hadn't bothered to open her eyes, only for the simple fact that she didn't want to get up. All Egypt wanted to do was sleep in today, and she felt she deserved to. Just yesterday, she'd managed to successfully unpack every single box, as well as sort out, organize, and arrange the furniture around the condo. She couldn't deny the fact that she was exhausted.

"Seriously Jordan. Are you kidding me?" She mumbled.

Egypt fought hard to ignore the sound, but she could no longer take it anymore. Now that her sleep was involuntarily cut short, she'd become annoyed. She got out of bed and slipped on her house slippers. She stumbled out of the bedroom, prepared to give Jordan an earful, as she couldn't believe he had the nerve to watch T.V. with the volume that loud.

Standing at the top of the staircase, she hollered his name. Her yelling was pointless, as the booming television only suppressed her voice. She sighed and made her way down the stairs. Immediately, Egypt noticed two large suitcases placed at the bottom of the steps. Though curious, she proceeded to pay the luggage no mind.

"Jordan," Egypt called out his name again, once she entered the living room. She was now confused, after realizing that Jordan wasn't in there. She grabbed the remote and muted the television.

There was a tasteful aroma that traveled into the living room, from the kitchen. Assuming Jordan was in there, Egypt followed the smell. She figured he'd must have noticed how tired she was, and decided to take it upon himself to cook breakfast.

"Aww babe-," Egypt stopped in her tracks. Expecting to find her boyfriend in the kitchen, she instead found someone else.

"Well look who finally decided to bring their ass downstairs." Jordan's mother, Michelle grimaced. She stood over the kitchen stove and eyed the younger female. She didn't even bother to hide how disgusted she was.

Feeling a bit ashamed, Egypt tugged on the hem of the loose t-shirt she wore, that did little to no justice in covering her bareless bottom. "Good Morning Ms. Michelle. I didn't know you were comi-,"

"Uh, save it. I always knew you were a lazy child."

Egypt batted her eyelashes. "Excuse me?"

"I can't believe I have to get off a flight and cook for my baby, because you're too irresponsible to wake up on time. He's been at workouts all day and you don't even have the decency to have a meal ready when he comes back." Michelle huffed.

"I'm sorry, I was tired."

    "Tired? Did you just say tired?" Michelle suddenly raised her voice. "Egypt, what the hell do you have to be tired from? You don't do shit around here, but sit on your ass... and spend my son's money."

"Actually, I didn't go to sleep on time last nigh-,"

"And I wonder why. You were probably out doing only God knows what." Michelle rudely interrupted. "I still don't know why Jordan insisted on having you here. I've been saying it for years, and I'ma keep saying it. It's just something about you, I don't trust."

Egypt let out a deep breath and paid no mind to Michelle's words. The last thing she wanted to do was start any trouble with her boyfriend's mother. Despite how Michelle felt about her, Egypt always remained respectful to the older lady.

"Ms. Michel-,"

"I don't want to hear it. Go 'head and run along now."

It had always been obvious to Egypt that Michelle wasn't too fond of her, but she still hoped that one day the two could grow close to each other. Aside from their unreasonable differences, they both had one thing in common, and that was their strong love for the same individual.