III

Egypt cruised around the bustling streets of Toronto, in search of the best restaurants the city had to offer. She hadn't eaten the entire day, and her stomach was yearning for food. Had she still been in Houston, she would have ventured out on a quick trip to the nearest Whataburger or Wendys. However, she didn't have an appetite for fast food.

With the help of Google, Egypt came across a few fine dining restaurants. She went with the location that was closest to her, and was certainly impressed with the positive reviews left on their website. The radio quietly played, as she followed the GPS instructions to Pick 6ix Sports.

     As she arrived, Egypt carefully pulled into the first available parking spot she could find. She turned off the vehicle and stepped out, making sure to grab her purse and cell phone. She fixed herself up and locked the doors, before eagerly walking towards the restaurant doors.

The warm atmosphere welcomed her, the exact moment she walked inside the building. It wasn't the typical, average crowd you'd normally expect to see at most places. The setting was more intimate, and Egypt suddenly felt a bit out of place with her casual dressing. Soft R&B music played in the background, and the dim lights only added to the vibrant mood.

     "Hello, welcome to Pick 6ix." A tall red-haired hostess greeted her with a smile. "How many will be joining us today?"

"Just one." Egypt told her.

     "Alright, you can follow me."

Egypt followed behind the older female to a secluded booth in the farthest back. She was given a menu and only looked it over twice, before deciding on the barbecue wings. As the legal age limit to drink in Canada was nineteen and Egypt was twenty, she'd also added a Strawberry Mojito to her order. After the eventful morning she'd gone through, she knew she needed the buzz.

     Having only waited for no more than ten minutes, her wings were brought out to her shortly. Egypt briefly blessed her food and soon dug in. With each bite, she let out a faint moan and quietly hummed along to Usher's voice that played softly. She couldn't believe how amazing her wings were. Kudos to Pick 6ix.

Egypt continued to peacefully enjoy her wings, and paid absolutely no mind to the commotion that was now taking placing at the restaurant's entrance. While other guests curiously stood up at their tables, Egypt's interest remained on the meal in front of her. She knew whatever was going on had nothing to do with her, and couldn't be that intriguing. She finished her Mojito, and requested a glass of Jack and Coke. Even though she didn't drink much, she couldn't seem to help herself tonight.

     "Excuse me, can I please have the bill?" Egypt called out to the waiter, once she finished her food. He nodded his head and returned shortly with the tab. Egypt placed her debit card inside of the black book and handed it over to him.

The waiter shortly returned with her debit card and receipt, "Here you go ma'am."

     "Thank you." Egypt said, as she accepted the items from him.

"No problem. I hope to see you again." He winked at her.

     "I'm sure you will." She stood up from the table and grabbed her purse. "If you don't mind me asking, where can I find the restroom?"

"It's straight ahead and on your left." He informed.

     Egypt thanked him once again and followed his directions to the ladies room. She walked inside, quickly handled her business, and walked out of the stall to wash her hands. After washing and drying both hands, Egypt looked in the mirror in front of her and fluffed out her thick hair. Natural hair was difficult to deal with, especially when you were one of the few whose hair chose when it wanted to cooperate. Egypt spent another minute, fooling around with her hair and later applied a clear coat of lip gloss onto her lips.